Our vision for all learners the principal, the staff, and most importantly our students is continuous growth and improvement.
Our Habits of Mind focus year long: https://www.habitsofmindinstitute.org/learning-the-habits/
Remaining Open to Continuous Learning and Thinking about your Thinking (Metacognition)
May Habit of Mind: Gathering Data Through All Senses
Week of May 8-12, 2023 - Principal's Message
This week is Teacher Appreciation Week. Thank you to the PTA for coordinating activities to show our gratitude.
Thanks to the efforts of our Parent Coordinator Extraordinaire, Ms. Olga Flores, we have reached 100% for the New York City Schools Accounts!!! All families are now connected to NYCSA and have access to their child's records online. Thank you for cooperating and helping us achieve our goal, we appreciate your partnership.
- Mindful Monday, May 8, 2023 (Day 145) - Grade 3 Period 1 and 2 Hip-Hop Auditorium. After school programs. 6:30 pm CEC Meeting Register: https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_O5jd4KaZRzSbzpFBvqwfQA#/registration
- Thankful Tuesday, May 9, 2023 (Day 146) - PTA Mother's Day Sale stage. After school programs.
- Wellness Wednesday, May 10, 2023 (Day 147) - PTA Mother's Day Sale stage. After school programs. 5:00 pm IS 145 Virtual Design Fair (see below).
- Thoughtful Thursday, May 11, 2023 (Day 148) - Grade 3 Joyce Theater residency grade 3. After school programs.
- Fun-Fab-Fit, Friday, May 12, 2023 (Day 149) - 7:30 am parent communication time.
Upcoming Events: Multicultural May at PS212Q
- 5/1-5/31 - Asian Pacific American Heritage Month
- 5/8-5/12/23 - Teacher Appreciation Week
- 5/19/23 - PTA Student Dance 5:30pm - 7:45 pm
- 5/29/23 - Memorial Day - School Closed
- Week of 5/30-6/6/23 Field Day (5/30-5th, 5/31-4th, 6/1-3rd, 6/2-2nd, 6/5-1st, 6/6-K)
- 6/6/23 - Grade 5 Senior Trip *Corrected date
- 6/8/23 - Conference Day - No students in attendance
- 6/9/23 - Clerical Day - No students in attendance. HANAC in session.
- 6/13/23 - Pre-K Field Day (walking trip to park)
- 6/15/23 - Spring Concert 6:00 pm
- 6/19/23 - Juneteenth - School Closed
- 6/21/23 - Pre-Kindergarten Stepping Up (schedule will be sent to Pre-K families)
- 6/22/23 - Grade 5 Graduation @ IS145 9:00am (Student party in gym 12:30-2:20)
- 6/23/23 - Kindergarten Graduation (schedule will be sent to K families)
- 6/27/23 - Last full day of school for students.
Laura Miniero, Principal
District 30 Family Fun Day
HIV Prevention Lessons
HIV lessons will be taught the week of 5/22-5/26/23. AP Rodriguez is sending letters home and if you want to opt-out your child from (2) lessons that will be listed below, please send me back the letter by May 18th. Thank you
Description of Lessons: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/docs/default-source/default-document-library/grades-k-5-hiv-overview
Opt-Out Lessons: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/docs/default-source/default-document-library/hiv-aids-optoutpreventionlessons-english
DOE Parent Messages
22-23 School Calendar: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/about-us/news/2022-2023-school-year-calendar/
Citywide Expectations for Behavior (Discipline Code) https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-life/know-your-rights/discipline-code
SAVE THE DATE Wed, May 10th, I.S. 145's Virtual App Design Fair
You are cordially invited to I.S. 145's Annual Virtual Design Fair! With the help of our partners, Mouse Create and DIIT, our students were given the opportunity for the third year in a row to be a part of Design League. In Design League our students learned to research, brainstorm, prototype, and share their own technology innovation. By practicing and applying the Human-Centered Design process, they learned to empathize with their users and design technologies that address an authentic need. Our students interviewed prospective users and people within the design industry in hopes to create the perfect app.
The top 10 finalists will compete in the virtual fair to see which groups will move onto the city-wide finals.
All are welcomed and we hope to see you there.
Students have access to a full digital library.
Habits of Mind
Co-President - Michael Torpey
Treasurer - Ana Garcia
Secretary 1 - Gloria Contreras
Secretary 2 - Linda Leung
Secretary 3 - Grace De Pena
Consider a $20.00 donation. Your commitment provides activities for students such as arts residencies, field trips, and kindergarten and grade 5 end of year celebrations
Location: 34-25 82nd Street, Queens, NY, USA