Vocabulary Strategies PD Part 2
Please complete the HS ITC PD Pre-Survey by clicking on the button below.
Standard dissection in pairs on large post it sheets (attendees cannot choose their own standard)
- Pull up Bold School planning framework: Always start with the learner outcome, so from the beginning of the lesson, we have to focus on vocabulary.
- Use Blooms
- Underline words on standard that you or students may not know
Use Bloom’s list to rewrite standard in actionable format that is easily understood by students (EQ)https://studylib.net/doc/8421795/uber-bloom-s-taxonomy-verb-list---madison-area-technical-...
Rewrite the standard to increase or decrease rigor (and relevance)
ELA 11-12.RL.CS.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative and connotative meanings; analyze the impact of specific word choices on meaning and tone, including words with multiple meanings and language that is stylistically poignant and engaging.
BIO1.LS1: From Molecules to Organisms: Structures and Processes
4) Demonstrate how DNA sequence information is decoded through transcriptional and translational processes within the cell in order to synthesize proteins. Examine the relationship of structure and function of various types of RNA and the importance of this relationship in these processes.
A1.A.APR.A.1 Understand that polynomials form a system analogous to the integers, namely, they are closed under the operations of addition, subtraction, and multiplication; add, subtract, and multiply polynomials.
SSP.06 Develop geographic awareness by: Analyzing locations, conditions, and connections of places and using maps to investigate spatial associations among phenomena.
1. Pick a standard where your students may struggle or where they need enrichment.
2. Work through the previous process to create an understandable and actionable objective for your students.
3. Think of TVAAS data and rewrite objective for an additional level.
4. Use Bloom’s list to identify additional levels where verb appears.
- Rewrite the standard to increase or decrease rigor (and relevance)
- Brainstorm how we get the students to this level of thinking.
- Name instructional strategies that you will use to facilitate student thinking and mastery of standards.
- Use the link below.