LPS Pathway Newsletter
AUGUST 2020 NEWSLETTER
Welcome to the 2020-2021 School Year!
I am excited to welcome you to school this Fall. The 2020-2021 school year is going to start differently than how you would expect but, rest assured, your pathway team of teachers, Mr. Clardy, and myself will do everything we can to give you the best education possible. LPS Bruins are ambitious, dedicated, intelligent leaders, and that will not change in a virtual space.
In order to ensure that we can quickly support you, contact home, and eliminate barriers to your success, please keep in mind the following:
- Check Canvas and School Loop frequently. Our teachers will use Canvas and School Loop to communicate about assignments, grades, and student success. It’s important that every parent/guardian has a Canvas and School Loop account so that you can easily communicate with your child’s teacher. If you do not have a Canvas and/or School Loop account, please sign up today.
- Update phone, home, and email address information in ParentVUE. Messaging is sent via phone and email from the school and District, and with incorrect or incomplete information, it will be harder to stay up-to-date.
- Wear the proper uniform every day (on-campus). Details about the uniform policy can be found on our website under Student Resources – Policies and Procedures.
- Follow us on Instagram and Twitter! @LBWilsonHigh @whs_schoolofleadership
- Get involved! There are many clubs for students to join, and families can participate through PTSA, ELAC, Site-Based Decision-Making Committee, School Site Council, and more.
As your administrator, I am a resource for you; please do not hesitate to contact me for support. The success of each student in our pathway is our number one priority. We know with the hard work of every student and team support from the adults in their lives, our students can achieve anything! This school year, despite its challenges, will be an exciting one. I’m eager to see all the accomplishments of our LPS Bruins to make Wilson High School an even better place!
Enjoy the final days of summer, and we look forward to seeing you, virtually, on September 1st!
Vice Principal- School of Leadership and Public Service
LPS support team: Ms. Shipman (Vice Principal) , Mr. Clardy (Counselor) , and Ms. Gonzalez (Lead Teacher)
More about LPS
Mission- To develop socially conscious contributors to the community who partner to create meaningful change through experiences in public service and leadership.
Vision- LPS Students will be advocates for justice who aspire to serve people and solve problems.