November 2015 - Issue 2
California University of Pennsylvania Scholarships
- 2.00 high school GPA Minimum; and
- Average or Above-Average SAT/Act scores.
Corabelle Chappell Scholarship Fund
- Applicants must be bonafide residents of the County of Lackawanna, Commonwealth of PA
- Applicants must be high school seniors attending a high school in Lackawanna County, PA
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale through the spring 2015 semester.
- Applicants must demonstrate traits of high personal character and leadership
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need
- Applicants must attend Keystone College, LaPlume, PA
- Applicants must be unable to acquire a college education without benefit of financial aid.
Road to Safety Scholarship Contest
Metzger Wickersham’s Road to Safety Scholarship Contest is open to graduating, college-bound high school seniors in Pennsylvania.
• Seniors may enter the contest by submitting a creative project that highlights the dangers of drunk driving and/or distracted driving.
• Entries may include posters, paintings, drawings, t-shirts, digital illustrations, public service announcements, videos, recorded songs, brochures, infographics and more. The more creative the better!
• All projects must be the original work of the entrant.
• Any pieces of writing should be 1,500 words or less. Please type submissions. If emailing any piece of writing, please submit a PDF or Word Document file.
• Videos and songs should be no longer than four (4) minutes. If emailing audio or video file, please submit in .mp3, .mov, or .wmv format. You may also submit via file sharing service (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.)
• Any artwork submissions must be easily transportable. If emailing artwork, please submit JPEG or PDF.
• All projects must be submitted with a completed Entry Form. • Students may submit no more than one (1) entry.
• All submitted entries become property of Metzger Wickersham. Projects will not be returned to any entrant. Upon submission of a project, entrants acknowledge that Metzger Wickersham will have all rights to use, reproduce, publish, display, distribute or promote the entry as deemed necessary.
Additional information can be found at this link: http://arrivealivepa.com/
Applications available at psecu.com/scholarships
PSECU will offer six scholarships, each up to $8,000, to members graduating high school. Each recipient receives up to $2,000 per year for up to four years, providing scholarship requirements are met.
Do I Qualify To Apply For A Scholarship?
To qualify for one of six $8,000 PSECU scholarships, you must:
- Be a current PSECU member
- Be a graduating high school senior
- Plan to attend a two- or four-year college or university
- Complete the scholarship application packet
- Have the completed materials to PSECU by Noon on Monday, February 29, 2016 - no exceptions!
- Must be a member of PSECU by December 31, 2015
Jack Kent Cooke Foundation College Scholarship Program
Students selected as Jack Kent Cooke Scholars may receive up to $40,000 per year, college planning support, ongoing advising, and the opportunity to network with the larger JKCF Scholar community.
The Foundation will select up to 40 applicants nationwide for this highly selective scholarship.
As minimum criteria, students must:
- Plan to graduate from a U.S. high school in the coming spring
- Intend to enroll full time in an accredited 4-year college beginning the following fall
- Earn a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.5 or above in high school
- Receive standardized test scores in the top %15 (SAT critical reading/math 1200+; ACT composite 26+)
- Demonstrate Financial Need
Learn more about this scholarship program at: www.jkcf.org/scholarships
NFIB YEF (Young Entrepreneur Foundation)
Apply at: www.NFIB.com/YEA
Deadline: December 18, 2015
Are you a young entrepreneur? Do you know a young entrepreneur? Graduationg high school seniors who operate their own small business are eligible to receive a 2016 NFIB Young Entrepreneur Award from the NFIB Young Entrepreneur Foundation.
Valley Forge Military College - Office of Senator John P. Blake
Should you have questions about the process, requirements, or to check the status of your appointment, please feel free to contact the LAI Program Coordinator at Valley Forge Military College.
Miss Siobhan A. Cusumano
Marywood University - Exercise Science
Interested students should contact:
Angela Hillman, PhD, EPC