North Indian Floods
- From 14 to 17 June 2013, Indian state of uttarakhand and near by area received heavy rainfall.
- The rainfall was above benchmark, which is above 375 %
- Due to continuous rain the chorabari glacier melted and this triggered the flooding of mandakini river.
- Which led to heavy floods near gobindghat, kedar dome, rudraprayag district UTTARAKHAND
MAN MADE REASONS
- true causes of the epic tragedy is growth of tourism, unchecked Rapid increase of roads, hotels, shops and multistory housing in ecologically fragile areas and unplanned construction are the reason for landslide.
Also Rapid growth of hydroelectricity dams that disrupt water balances and this also triggered the action of disaster
Deforestation is also one of the most important factor of uttrakhand disaster, which cause frequently landslide.
- the two pilgrimage badrinath and kedarnath form the chota char dham in uttarakhand.
- it is well known as "land of gods"
UTTARAKKHAND Is well known for its chota char dham :-
- UTTARAKHAND is considered as one of the most beautiful state
RESCUE OPERATION OF THE GOVERNMENT
Several state government also announced finincial assistance :-
- Uttarpradesh Government 25 Crore
- The governemt of Haryana,Maharashtra, and Delhi 10 crore each
- The government of tamil nadu, odisha,Gujarat,Madhya pradesh and Chattissgarh
5 crore each.
- 822 PEOPLE WERE KILLED
- 1800 MISSING REPORTS
- 2232 FULLY DAMAGED HOUSES
- 154 BRIDGES DAMAGED1520 ROADS DAMAGED