Zebra Family Update!
We are hosting dress up days all week:
- Monday, 10/4 - School of Rock - wear your band/musician t-shirts
- Tuesday, 10/5: Tuesday Night Fever - wear your 70's gear
- Wednesday, 10/6: PowderPuff - Purple for Seniors; Yellow for Juniors...Frosh and Soph - wear the color of the team you are rooting for!
- Thursday, 10/7: Legally Blonde
- Friday, 10/8: White & Metallics because all lights are on Lincoln tonight!
We invite all of our LHS families, graduates and our community to join us at our PowderPuff Games and Night Rally on Wednesday, 10/6
- we'll kick off at 6 pm
- tickets are one price ($5) and proceeds benefit our Science Expo (thank you to the Expo team for staffing our ticket booth!).
Come back to campus on Friday, 10/8 to cheer on our Fighting Zebras and enjoy a special half time show!
- we play Oakmont HS; JV kicks off at 5 pm and V at 7 pm
- please note that there is no school on Friday, 10/8
- floats will be constructed on 10/8
- tickets for the game are $5 for students and seniors, $7 for other adults. All elementary and middle school students must be supervised by an adult at the game
- the theme is "metallic and white" since all lights are on Lincoln tonight!
We'll host our annual Homecoming Dance on Saturday, 10/9.
- open to current LHS students
- it will be outdoors in the stadium; it's scheduled to be chilly, so bring a wrap/jacket/sweater
- tickets are available now in the office ($20 for ASB card holders; $25 otherwise)
- stiletto shoes may not be worn (to protect the field and ankles!)
- we will have a bag check that you can access during the dance
- if you are a junior or senior and plan to bring a non-LHS guest, your request must be submitted by Wednesday at 8am for consideration
In other notes:
- Bell Schedule Shift - we are making very slight changes to our bell schedule to provide a slightly longer afternoon break between blocks 3 and 4. Students and staffulty need this time to decompress after a long period, to eat a snack and use the restroom. We plan to start the new schedule on Mon., 10/11. This will NOT impact the start/end of day times. The new schedule will be posted online here by Thursday, 10/7.
- Quarter One ends on 10/15, so be sure you are checking in with your student about their grades in Schoology and encouraging them to coordinate with their teachers to keep their grades on point! Grades will be sent home on 10/29.
- On Friday, 10/29, we invite our students and staffulty to wear costumes to school if Halloween is your thing. Costumes need to be school appropriate, and our dress code does apply. But have fun with it!
Winter and Spring Sports
If your Zebra is interested in playing a Winter or Spring sport this school year, please come out on Tuesday, October 5th at 6pm to the LHS quad area to get more information about our Winter and Spring sports from our Athletic Directors and coaches.
Each Winter and Spring sport will have at least one team representative present to be able to talk to any parents or students about their sport.
Our Athletic Directors (Donna Tofft and Justin Patterson) will talk briefly about general sports information related to LHS at the beginning of the time and then give parents and students time to go around to the different Winter and Spring sports to gather specific information about sports they are interested in.
If you have any questions, please contact our Athletics Directors or the coach. Contact info and more info about about Zebra Athletics is available here!
Class of 2022 - Senior Class Updates!
It's almost time to order Caps and Gowns! This month, our cap and gown vendor, Premier Grad Products, will be visiting with our seniors on Monday, 10/18 during Herd Time. It is really important that all seniors attend Herd Time so they get important information about ordering caps and gowns! Students can order their caps, gowns and other graduation items on campus during lunch on Thursday, 10/21 and Friday, 10/22. More details are available in our LHS calendar at lhs.wpusd.org.
Stay informed! We strongly encourage students and families to keep an eye on the Schoology Activity Feed (on Schoology Main Page) and the College & Career Schoology Page for information about college & career visits (in person and virtual); access it via: Schoology > Groups > College & Career
Help Us Maximize our School Funding
Click on the form below to complete:
WPUSD 2021-22 Household Income Form (English)
Looking to rebuild our site leadership team!
We had some amazing interest from our families to be a part of our Site Leadership Team - I'll leave this open for through 10/9. Depending on interest, we may hold elections for formal voting members, but all families are welcome to participate in these conversations.
ELAC (English Learner Advisory Committee)
- Wed., 10/13 at 6 pm via Google Meet
- Wed., 12/18 at 6 pm - format TBD
- Wed., 2/23 at 6 pm - format TBD
- Wed., 4/27 at 6 pm - format TBD
Tutoring and Homework Help for your Zebra!
If your student is on a Quarantine, this is an INVALUABLE opportunity for your student to stay up on their lessons!!
Tutoring is available in person (in the library) and online (Google Meet Code: LHSTutoring):
- Mondays from 2-5 pm
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 3-6 pm
- Thursdays from 3-8 pm (this extra time is a new feature - we hope it's helpful for student involved in sports and other activities or who work right after school!)
For more info, check out this link! Big thanks to our tutors and to Mrs. Edwards, Mrs. Gonzales, Mrs. Ward and Mrs. Jocoy for their efforts to provide this amazing service!
- students are expected to wear a mask indoors - the mask must rest on the bridge of their nose and cover their nose and mouth. If your student does not wear their mask properly, they will be reminded, but if they are a close contact, they may not have the opportunity to be on modified quarantine and instead may be told to quarantine at home for 10 days. Thank you for your support to keep our community safe and healthy
- if your student is not feeling well, please just keep them home and call us for advice on sending them to school - we are here to help you navigate the system.
Have your student stay home and call us for next steps if your student exhibits symptoms of COVID-19 which cannot be explained by an underlying chronic condition documented by a healthcare provider (e.g., allergies or asthma).
Symptoms consistent with COVID-19 include:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
More information about our protocols for COVID can be found here - take a look at pages 16-19.
We can be reached from 7:30am-4pm at 916 645 6360 if you aren't sure if you should send your student to school and still have questions after reviewing the district's materials (linked above).
Vandalism at LHS
"You become strong by lifting others up, not pulling them down."
- Matshona Dhliwayo
Connect with Us!
- Facebook @LincolnHighSchoolWPUSD
- Insta @lhsfightingzebras
- School and Athletics Calendars are here!
- This directory contains some staff who are no longer at LHS, but it also includes all of our current staff
Specific Course Information
- All of our teachers posted information about their class on Schoology - parents and students can always go back to revisit syllabi and a video introducing your teacher on their Schoology pages: https://wpusd.schoology.com/ > Courses > Select tile for the class you want to learn more about!
General School/Course Information
- Website: lhs.wpusd.org
- Course Catalog: https://lhs.wpusd.org/academics/course-offerings/course-catalog
- Handbook: https://lhs.wpusd.org/our-school/about-us/student-handbook