Parents and Families—this year’s PTO-sponsored fundraiser is the HIGHLAND PARK BULLDOG DASH! It’s a two-week program that kicks off with a Pep Rally on Wednesday, November 6th. Families will then gather pledges for every lap your student runs (30-35 short laps) at the Bulldog Dash, which will happen on Friday, November 15. This year our goal is to raise $23,000 for new laptops (grades 2-5) and iPads (Pegasus – 1st) and we need your help! Just like last year, we’ve partnered with the experts at Booster (formerly Boosterthon) to power our fundraiser to make it easier, more profitable, and more fun.
Students will also experience an amazing character theme, MINDSPARK: WILD WEST! Booster’s most exciting theme yet combines S.T.E.A.M. skills (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) with character-building. While they're teaming up with the MindSpark Kids to save Dr. Shock, our students will learn five character traits that will help strengthen themselves and our world.
Donations will go toward upgrading our technology needs on-campus, so please help our school by getting pledges from family and friends and entering them on FUNRUN.COM as early as October 30th. Also, all families are invited to come out and cheer on our students at the Bulldog Dash. Volunteer opportunities will also be available. Thanks so much for your support!
Kinder Fairy Tale Parade
2nd Grade: Thursday, October 24: 8:15 -9:00 a.m.
3rd Grade: Friday, October 25: 2:00-2:40 p.m
4th Grade: Friday, October 25: 9:35-10:15 a.m.
5th Grade: Friday, October 25: 8:55-9:35 a.m.
Red Ribbon Week
Octobers Specials Schedule
Eat the Rainbow
We are so excited to launch the “Eat the Rainbow” campaign.
We set up a challenge between the classrooms that the class who got the most points would earn an extra recess. The kids LOVE this kind of incentive.When the kids eat their fruits and veggies, they mark it on their tally sheet. The challenge will end on October 30th. See video below. :)https://youtu.be/1u5HOURq7kQ
- Students are encouraged to wear pink on Mondays during the month of October!
- Students may wear a college shirt on Wednesdays and a school spirit shirt on Fridays
- The first Tuesday of every month, is our school-wide TUTU/TIE day. What do you do? Simply wear a tutu over your clothes or a fancy tie and join the school-wide spirit! Every first Tuesday of the month is tutu/tie day at HPES!
- Tardy bell rings at 7:35, with announcements starting promptly at 7:40. Traffic is hectic during morning drop-off, please plan accordingly.
Please join our Next PTO meeting on November 14, 2019, at 6:30 p.m!
Stay connected with the HPES PTO!
Special thanks to HPES parent, Ms. Cortney Johnson for donating a projector to HPES to use at campus activities such as movie nights! We appreciate you Ms. Johnson!
PTO Fall Movie Night
When: Friday, October 18th
Where: HPES Cafeteria
Great Things Are Happening AT HPES!
Ms.Cespedes was bragged about by our ELA coordinators at last week's principal meeting!
Walk to School Day was a huge Success and so much Fun!
HANDS ON PURPOSEFUL ACTIVITIES IN 5TH GRADE SCIENCE!
4TH GRADE INCORPORATING CRITICAL WRITING IN MATH!
3RD GRADE CRITICAL WRITING CELEBRATING HISPANIC HERITAGE MONTH!
MR. DAVID LOVING HIS BRAND NEW TILE SCRUBBER!
Here are a few ways you can stay informed...
- Follow us on Facebook @HighlandParkES
- Follow us on Twitter @HighlandPark_ES
- Peach Jar Communications
- On Tuesday’s an HPES folder will be sent home with flyers and information.
- Parents receive a campus newsletter every other Monday. They can also find a copy of a newsletter on our campus webpage under “Principal’s blog”
- Remind Text Messages - I send out reminders for things like early release, special events, and dress up days. To sign up, text @b46hd to the number 81010
- Stay connected with the HPES PTO! Website: https://hpespto.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/highlandparkelementarypto/
- Instagram: @hpes.pto
10/17- Fall Concert, 5th, Choir, ASL at 6:30
10/18- Pink Out Day- Wear pink today!
10/18- Muffins with Mom 7:10-7:30
10/18- HPES Spirit Store 7:15- 7:35
10/18- PTO Movie Night @ 6:30
10/21- Book Club
10/24- Storybook Pumpkins Due
10/24- 1st Grade Field-trip to Georgetown Palace Theater & Creative Playscape
10/24- Watchdog Kick off at 6:00 p.m. in cafeteria
10/25- HPES Spirit Store 7:15- 7:35
10/25- Bat Night
10/25- 2nd Grade Thinkery Fieldtrip
10/28- Book Club after school
10/31- Kinder Fairy tale Parade at 8:15 a.m.
11/01- 4th Grade Field-trip
11/06- Moves with Mom 7:10-7:30
11/06- Bulldog Dash Pep Rally!
11/08- HPES Spirit Store 7:15- 7:35
11/08 -3rd Grade Fieldtrip & Pegasus Field-trips
11/11- Veterans Concert 4th grade
11/11- Book Club afterschool
11/13- Picture retakes
11/15- Boosterthon & Fun Run
11/18- Book Club afterschool
11/18- Pet Clinic 5:00-7:00 p.m.
11/20- Dunks with Dad 7:10-7:30
11/21- Thanksgiving Luncheon (during your child's lunch)
11/22- HPES Spirit Store 7:15- 7:35
11/25-11/29- Thanksgiving Break
12/02- Book Club
12/03- Kinder Fieldtrip to Elgin Tree Farm
12/05- ASL 2 ends
12/06- HPES Spirit Store 7:15- 7:35
12/09-12/12- 3rd Grade Bazaar
12/09- Book Club
12/13- Diversity Celebration
12/16- Kinder 80th day of school
12/19- Winter Concert 1st, Choir, ASL
12/20- HPES Spirit Store 7:15- 7:35
12/20- 1st Grade party in cafeteria 8:15
12/20- Student Early Release @ 12:00
12/23-01/03- Holiday Break