Digital Life 101
What is the place of digital media in our lives?
Another thing we will look at is how media consumption has changed and evolved over time.
We will also take a look at our own digital media lives. How much time do you spend on different forms of digital media, such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube?
Watch the Digital Life 101 Video
Now, whatever digital media that is present in your world may not be the same for the person sitting next to you, or the same as a student in another country. Think about how our digital media worlds are different from each other.
If the embedded video does not work, try this link.
- What are some of the things you learned from the video?
- What forms of digital media did you observe being used? Are there any you can think of that were not shown?
Build a Concept Map
- Open up a Google DRAW document
- Create your own concept map with four different categories:
- Types of Digital Media
- Actions we take with Digital Media
- Your feelings about Digital Media
- Parents' feelings about Digital Media
Make sure you move the file to your Tech Apps folder and share it with Mrs. Carpenter, then upload a link to the document to turn it in the correct turn in box.
You will receive a half sheet worksheet for homework.
You will need to answer the questions and most importantly, develop a simile (comparable description) to how you perceive your digital life. What do you think your digital life is like?
ex: "My digital life is like a dry desert because there is little life there."
ex: "My media life is like a track meet because I'm always running with it and tired at the end of the day."
If you forget or lose your worksheet, you may download another copy here: