Immanuel Lutheran Church
Mount Horeb, Wi 53572 --- 2023 Third Quarter Newsletter
● The following committees are meeting: Finance, Stewardship, Connection Team, Evangelism/Events/Mission, Building and Grounds, Women’s Ministry, Social Media, Technology, Faith Formation, Worship, Personnel, Daycare
○ Refer to the list of Committee Team Leaders in this newsletter for contact information if you are interested in serving on a specific committee.
● An “Information Box” will be placed in the Narthex (under the bulletin boards) which will have the most recent information from all active committee’s. In addition, the following will have a file/hard copy for you to take if you're interested: Church Calendar, Pastor’s Report, Council Minutes, Committee Chairs, Council Members contact information and Daycare.
● A phone system was recently donated to Immanuel. The Technology Team will be installing it within the next month. Our current system has not been working properly for some time and needs to be replaced.
● A Church Calendar will be published monthly starting with this current newsletter. If you have any information that needs to be added, please contact Jena Carr. We will put this calendar on the website also. You can always access the digital calendar by clicking "Digital Calendar."
If you would like a paper copy of the calendar please let the church office know and we will mail one to you. Also, a paper copy of the calendar will be posted each month on the bulletin board outside of the office.
● A “buzzer” will be installed under the carport soon so individuals who would like to get into the church during scheduled office hours can do so. The buzzer will ring only within the office and will alert staff that someone is at the door wanting to enter. We will place directions on the outside doors. The ELCA has recommended that churches stay locked throughout the day for security purposes.
● The Council is having ongoing discussions regarding the Sunday service schedule. For the remainder of 2023 we will be holding only ONE SERVICE.
2023 Committee Leaders
Building and Grounds: Jess Miller/Vern Martin
Connection Team: Kim O’Connell
Daycare: Pat Duckett
Evangelism/Community Events/Mission: Jena Carr
Faith Formation: Carina Miller
Finance: Valonne Eckel
Personnel: Jeff Mentink
Social Media: Jena Carr
Stewardship: Beth Wittenwyler
Technology: Jeff Mentink/Pastor Jared
Welcome Team: John Schmitt
Women’s Ministry: Kim O’Connell
Worship: Valonne Eckel/Carina Miller
The Connection Team has met twice this year. The focus thus far has been on the visitation ministry. We have identified individuals who would benefit from a visit or who have requested contact (most identified are shut in’s). The team will be supplementing Jared’s visitation schedule. A database has been created to verify that all of the individuals are being contacted on a regular basis. The team will be equipped to do communion if requested. Jared has provided the team with visitation guidelines/protocol’s that should be followed during each visit.
If you are aware of anyone who would like to receive a visit, please contact a member of the visitation team; Pastor Jared, Becky Kleppe, Marcia Schmitt, Laurel Wanless, Rita Stanton, Cheri Janssen, Kim Arneson-O’Connell. The team is also planning to schedule two events this year that will provide the congregation an opportunity to gather together for fellowship.
Immanuel Lutheran Church Council 310 West Main Street, Mt. Horeb, WI 53517 (608) 437-8733
Pastor Jared Parmley
Vice President--Beth Wittenwyler
Carol Quall—Senior Member
Women of Immanuel and Friends
Wednesday’s from 6:30-8:00 pm @ Immanuel
“What the Women Saw”
Sadie Robertson Huff
Through this six-session study, you will discover who Jesus is through the unique perspective of women in the Bible. As you study the lives of Mary, Martha, Mary Magdalene and others, you will learn from their faith and failures and be reminded that Jesus cared for and valued the women he was surrounded by. He equipped them, listened to them, walked with them, healed them, and empowered them.
You are encouraged to invite a friend
Bring a snack/drink
Please drop in on any of the dates that work for you!!
Please contact Kim O’Connell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608/279-7050
Women's Ministry Mission Statement:
Growing together through study, service and fellowship
The Time of the Church Season after Pentecost
The Time of the Church
Season after Pentecost
The Holy Trinity – First Sunday after Pentecost
Second through Twenty-seventh Sundays after Pentecost
Christ the King--Last Sunday after Pentecost
The weeks of the church year between the Day of Pentecost and the First Sunday in Advent.
The season after Pentecost, constituting the second half of the church year, was the last part of the liturgical calendar to be organized. Through the first several centuries, the Sundays of this time are grouped around particular saints’ days: Sundays after St Peter and St. Paul, Sundays after St. Lawrence, Sundays after St. Cyprian, or St. Michael. Only four Sundays were identified as Sundays after Pentecost. The Gregorian Sacramentary of the eighth century was the first to use the title “Sundays after Pentecost” for all Sundays of this half of the church year.
Except for festivals, Sundays after Pentecost use green paraments as reminder that this is a season of spiritual growth in the Christian way of life and thought. A symbol of our growth in knowing Jesus as God’s Son and the Savior of the whole world and all its people.
The Apostles’ Creed is used as our statement of faith when the liturgical color is green.
This is awesome!! In the last few days we have gained numbers in both areas!!! It's awesome!
39 Participants and 30 volunteers!
Please remember that we do our best to make this a free registration for kids. We do this by supporting it from within our discipleship and receiving donations and camper sponsorships.
In the last few days we have received a few more donations.
EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS!
I have had folks VENMO me directly.
I have received messages saying there are purchases being made from our AMAZON WISH LIST!
I have had people ask me and let me know they have found things for us using our supply list google doc.
Thank you to JC Fish for creating our posters that are now outside the church along with our cute patriotic astronaut!
Please make sure kids are registered. Plan to volunteer if you are able and register or contact me directly. I will take you for an hour, a day, a few days, the whole week...we are flexible!
If you can't volunteer, plan to come for an opening or closing one or more days. Feel the energy and excitement, be filled by the spirit and see your support in action!
Continue to pray for our VBS, our staff, our volunteers, our kids, our families!
YOU are helping to sow the seeds of faith and it is a beautiful thing!
Registration is still open for campers and volunteers, use the link below.
At the very least, we are in need of someone to run the elementary Bible Adventures and people to prep and serve our Galactic Snacks each day.