October 19, 2016
Message from Dr. Kaminski
Happy Fall Break BSE!
I want to personally thank all of you who have supported any one, or all, of the amazing service projects that our students have initiated and completed this past month at BSE. I am thrilled to be surrounded by little people who find the desire to be helpful, and who care for their fellow man, both here in Fishers and throughout the world. Today our students celebrated Super Hero Day in support of Miss Day's Class service project. What an amazing response from our BSE students!
Our students' support for the people of Haiti, those who need food and clothes, as well as various others, is simply amazing. Thanks again for helping your children grow into caring and committed community helpers.
I wish you a restful and most enjoyable Fall Break! See you back at school on Monday, October 24th.
Red Ribbon Week - October 24th through 28th
Red Ribbon Week is the week after Fall Break. We will have daily themes to encourage our students to be drug free. Additionally, our entire school will sign a pledge to remain drug free.
- MONDAY - WEAR RED: Show you're ready to take a stand against drugs. Don't forget to sign our pledge banner.
- TUESDAY - WEAR YOUR FAVORITE SPORTS TEAM: Show you plan to lead a healthy life.
- WEDNESDAY - WEAR NEON AND/OR SUNGLASSES: You're too bright for drugs!
- THURSDAY - WEAR CRAZY SOCKS: Sock it to drugs!
- FRIDAY - BSE SPIRIT WEAR: Our school is drug free!
SCHOOL DISMISSAL MANAGER - THERE'S AN APP FOR THAT!
- SDM is only for end-of-day dismissal information.
- If your child is absent from school, arriving late, or being picked up early, you still need to call in to our Attendance Line at (317) 915-4250 to let us know.
- Please remember to check your child's default dismissal setting to ensure it's current.
3rd Grade Music Program Postponed
Still Accepting Donations
- BELTS: Help underprivileged Indianapolis Public School students by donating an old, used belt to complete their school uniform. 3,000 belts are needed for this school year. Will you help? Any belt is appreciated!
- WINTER CLOTHING: Hamilton County Kids Coats drive. We need your clean coats, mittens, gloves, hats, and boots! Though donations officially end tomorrow, we will keep our boxes out through the beginning of next week.
Please send in your donations the Monday or Tuesday after Fall Break.
SAFE VISITOR INFORMATION
Support the PTO by Shopping at Kroger, Marsh, or AmazonSmile
SAVE THE DATE - Brooks School Elementary at the Pacers!
Monday, December 19th at 7:00 PM vs. the Washington Wizards.
Click here for more information.
Permitted use of school newsletters as required by the
Equal Access Act is not an endorsement of this group or this group’s beliefs by
Hamilton Southeastern Schools or the Board of School Trustees.
T-Shirts for a Cause
SCI teacher Mark Walters has designed the t-shirt to commemorate Indiana's 200th birthday. You can view Mark's video here. ALL PROFITS WILL BE DONATED TO TWO WORTHY CAUSES: The first is YMI -Youth Mentoring Initiative (www.ymionline.org) here in Fishers. As you may already know, they help provide mentors for students in our HSE schools. The second group is called Water Is Life (www.lifeiswater.com). They are an organization working on a new initiative called The Drinkable Book Project, which will help bring clean water to places where it doesn't exist.
The shirt is available in multiple colors and costs $15.50. Click here to order.
Parenting Digital Kids
School of Rock Fishers is having a 1 Year Birthday Open House Celebration!
YMI is Looking for Mentors
The Hamilton Southeastern School System is in a continued partnership with Youth Mentoring Initiative. It is YMI’s vision to provide mentoring support for students by building and sustaining a mentoring community here in Fishers.
As a member of this community, this is where you can help. You have an opportunity to impact the life of a young person by simply being present and sharing your life experience with them. When you share your life you change their life. Click here for more information.
Watch Me Sculpt
Engineering for Kids is Back for Another Session!
Session 2 begins October 26th. Click here for all of the details.
Haunted House at HSE High School to Support Make-A-Wish!
Looking for a fun activity for your daughter?
It's never too late to join Girl Scouts!
BSE just formed new Kindergarten and 1st Grade troops, and they're looking to add more girls! We also have 2nd and 4th grade troops. We'd love to start a new 3rd grade troop if your daughter and her friends are interested! Girl Scouts even offers Free Leader Training!
For more information, please contact
Kendra Butt, Community Troop Organizer for Brooks School Elementary,
Hamilton East Public Library - Author Fair
Celebrate the talents of twenty local authors at Hamilton East Public Library’s annual “Booktoberfest”. On Saturday, November 5 from 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM at the Fishers Library, enjoy an afternoon filled with meet and greets, book sales and signings, book-related activities and door prizes. Click here for a list of attending authors and for more information.
Click here to see our November events!