Great house, location & price!
Welcome home to 119 Bennington Lane
Private setting with benefits of Lake Columbia access!
You are going to LOVE your 3 bedroom (including master with killer closet), 2 bathroom home complete with romantic fireplace in your cozy open living room and fun finished lower level. The oversized garage, large deck, landscaping including mature trees, lovely patio and seasonal offerings make this home an absolute dream! Not to mention this is a great area for enjoying the outdoors year round- run, walk, bike, swim, boat, paddle board, sail, FISH, ice skate, snow mobile, golf, dine.....you name it......all right in your neighborhood! So sit back, relax, sip your coffee and ENJOY your new home!
"I like this place and could willing waste my time in it" ~ William Shakespeare
David and Susan, this is glimpse of how I see your home and would portray it to the market.
The market remains stable but can still be tricky. As I shared, last winter we had very little inventory of lake access homes, prices went up nicely! Then we were bombarded with lake access listings by mid-summer and prices declined greatly, further plagued by more foreclosures on and around the lake. In the last 6 months 18 Lake Access with 3 bedrooms+ , 2 bathrooms+, w/basement homes sold- the good news is that there are currently only 4 fitting that criteria currently being offered and we are seeing an increase in sale prices. Please see the (updated) links below with specifics on comps and competition.
Timing is everything. I think that if we prepare correctly, price it right and take advantage of the market ASAP we have a strong chance of selling in time for you to make a smooth transition to your new lake house this spring. Here is my suggested course of action:
- Stage the house including; declutter (well underway), finish projects (painting, replace broken mirror in basement, etc.), have TV mounted above fireplace to eliminate cords, look more modern and increase floor space in living room, use light and solid bedding in all bedrooms, remove some pieces of furniture from the master bedroom to increase floor space, consider painting master a light neutral color.
- Schedule professional photo shoot (makes a world of difference and is at my expense).
- Price home at $185,000. Would be on the higher end of the market-but is still attractive.
We can discuss other pricing options, but I want to set a realistic expectation.
- Get on the market AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! No later than first week in February.
- Utilize social media, electronic brochures, virtual tours, all available internet options, print ads and open houses to generate traffic!
Accredited Staging Professional
The Brokerage House
"Let's make your next move, your BEST move!"
I was born and raised on Lake Columbia and am honored to be back raising my daughters and enjoying a 2nd career. My love for the Irish Hills, staging & home shopping- coupled with 20 years experience in client management have all culminated making selling real estate a perfect fit. This is my 5th year in real estate and my 2nd year as a top 10 agent in Jackson and Lenawee County. The Brokerage House is my professional home, they have been dedicated to Jackson County and surrounding areas for over 35 years. They are a boutique style firm that allows me to strategize and execute unique plans for each listing. Their track record, reputation and ability to remain independent is inspiring. It has been a joy expanding their reach and offerings, creating a stronger presence here in the Irish Hills. I promise my Buyers and Sellers a custom approach specific to their situation, hard & honest work and a positive result. I am honored to be apart of your consideration process.