October 8, 2021
We are excited to announce that Sherwood School's Halloween costume theme this year will be...SUPERHEROES! We would like to extend the group costume invitation to ALL of our students and staff! This is of course optional, but if you are interested, please join us!
Sherwood will be ready to SAVE THE DAY!
We hope everyone has a wonderful long weekend!
Rachel & Kevin
Panda STARS Recognition
Each week we will be pulling 10 Panda STARS to recognize some of our amazing pandas! These pandas are in the photo above.
SHINE BRIGHT PANDAS!
S - Safety
T - Teamwork
A - Academic Attitude
R - Respect
S - SUCCESS
Book Character Pumpkin Contest
1. When should we bring in our pumpkin? All pumpkins should be brought to the library on the morning of Tuesday, October 26th.
2. Do the pumpkins have to be real? They can be real or artificial.
3. When do the pumpkins need to be picked up after the contest? All pumpkins should go home with parents/students after the Halloween parade or during dismissal on Friday, October 29th.
4. Are we allowed to carve the pumpkins? Please do not carve the pumpkins. This will prevent the pumpkins from rotting while on display. You may use a variety of materials to decorate the pumpkins.
5. How are the winning pumpkins chosen? ALL students will be voting for their favorite pumpkins in each category.
5. What is the prize for the winners? Winners in each category will receive a gift card to Barnes & Noble.
Parent Teacher Conferences 11/22 - 11/23
Fall Fest 2021!
IAR Scores To Be Sent Home 10/22/21
Student IAR score reports will be sent home to families on Friday, October 22nd. Included in the envelope will be a district letter from Dr. Ryan and two different score reports (one for ELA and one for Math).
Sherwood Halloween 2021
Celebrating Halloween is a long loved tradition at Sherwood School. While our celebration will look differently than in the past, we are still planning to acknowledge this fun day.
Students may wear costumes to school on Friday, October 29. Students’ costumes should be safely designed and age appropriate to allow for adequate vision and mobility. Face coverings that impact visibility or cover the face completely cannot be worn during the day or during the parade for safety reasons, and no toy weapons of any type will be allowed at school. Costumes should be age-appropriate and school appropriate. Please also keep in mind the emotional components of group costumes on the students not involved in that group. Please be considerate and inviting to any students eager to join a group costume, and have conversations at home about being respectful to other students. We want Halloween to be a fun day for all students, and we appreciate your collaboration! We are encouraging safe and responsible behavior during this time of year, both at school and in the community. Thanks for your cooperation!
While there will be no class parties for Halloween, we will have an outdoor parade around the school. Parents and friends are invited to view the parade that begins at 12:45pm. We will share the route later this month.
Students will parade outside, weather permitting. In case of inclement weather, the parade will not take place.
As a reminder, if students have been absent from instructional activities during the day, they may not participate in the parade.
Red Oak Recycling Challenge!
Safety Week - October 12th-15th
- Fire Drill - Tuesday, October 12th @1:45pm
- Lockdown Drill - Wednesday, October 13th @10:15am
- Severe Weather Drill - Friday, October 15th @2:15pm