Good Morning Sanger High School
Happy Monday! Please take a moment to review the following information.
Have a great week!
Distracted Driving Week
Congratulations to Ms. Giddens and the PALS. Be on the lookout for them.4/4-Keep Our Drive Alive (Body Walk)
4/5-Click It or Ticket (Wrecked cars parked in front parking lot)
4/6-Keep Our Drive Alive (Posters hung throughout the school)
4/7-Click It or Ticket (Banner Signing)
4/8-Have a fun & safe prom (Side walk chalk messages)
Capturing Kids Hearts
Walk-throughs this week
With testing out of the way for a little while, the SHS admin team will be coming around to see all the great things happening in classrooms. Our focus with our walk-throughs will be guiding questions and formative assessment. Please remember to post your guiding question daily and review it with your students. Also, continue to focus on formative assessment and let this guide your instruction. Remember.....asking a question to the class is a good thing; however, if only 2-3 students are actively involved with providing you feedback, then you truly don't know if the rest of your class is on track. Challenge yourself this week!
We will begin the process of naming SHS's Teacher Of The Year! The deadline has been bumped up so we need to get moving. I will send a separate email explaining the process which includes specific criteria and dates. Additionally, we are looking to use google forms this round. As you begin to consider your nominee, ask yourself the following questions.
Contact logs are due to your PDAS appraiser Friday, April 15th
Please mark your calendar now!
Listed below are the Faculty Meetings scheduled for the semester. Each faculty meeting will be hosted 5X on the scheduled date. (7:30, 11:30, 12:00, 12:30, and 3:45 pm)
You just need to pick one time.
April 4th, 18th
May 9th, 23rd
- What makes your nominee a true educational leader at SHS?
- What impact has your nominee made on student success at SHS?
- What impact has your nominee made on staff success at SHS?
- 4/1-NCTC Community Art Show Reception @ 6 pm (Gainsville Campus)
- 4/4- Faculty Meetings
- 4/4-4/8- CBA In class shutdown for Alg 1, Bio, and US Hist.
- 4/4- STAAR-Alt 2 begis
- 4/4-District Track
- 4/4- Softball vs. Gainsville @ home
- 4/5- Jv/V baseball vs. Gainsville @ home
- 4/5- Academic UIL @ Argyle
- 4/6- District Tennis
- 4/7- NACAC (National College Fair)
- 4/7- District Track
- 4/7-Denton County Art Show @ 7 pm (GDAC in Denton)
- 4/8- District Tennis
- 4/8- Special Olympic send off @ 8:45 am
- 4/8- Jv/V Baseball vs. Krum @ home
- 4/9- PROM
- 4/9- ACT testing @ SHS
- 4/9-Jv Baseball vs. THESA @ home
- 4/11- District Track Prelims
- 4/11- Boys Golf Tournament
- 4/11- School Board Meeting
- 4/13- Girls Golf Tournament
- 4/12- Baseball @ Aubrey
- 4/12- Softball @ Aubrey
- 4/14- District Track Finals
- 4/15- Contact Logs Due to PDAS appraiser
- 4/15- It Pays to go to College (Jeans and Pay Day)
- 4/15- End of the 5th Six-Week
- 4/15- TSI testing in computer lab
- 4/15- Baseball vs. Argyle
- 4/15- Softball vs. Argyle
- 4/27-5/11- Public voting for Van's Custom Culture Shoe Design Competition