3rd Grade Newsletter
Monday, December 14th-Friday, December 18th
*All work needs to be completed by Wednesday, December 16th to count towards 2nd quarter grades!*
What assignments do I turn in to my teacher?
If you would like to be featured in the newsletter, please email a photo of your student schooling to Emily Marks at email@example.com. Be sure to complete the media release form below if you have not already!
Winter Outing-December 16th
- In Unit 5 of the ELA course, students will be starting to work on their Informative Essay. This will end up being their Quarter 3 TGA at the end of Unit 6. It is important that students are completing each step of the writing process. Students will be submitting parts of their planning and drafting to Seesaw as they go along in the writing process.
- During Winter Break, make sure you are reading daily for at least 20 minutes!
We are continuing to work on multiplication in our OLS lessons and math classes and will be starting to learn division. As multiplication is an essential and foundational math skill, it is important that students are working on their multiplication facts daily. If you do not already, start setting aside 15-20 minutes each day to work on your multiplication facts. Check out the links below for some resources to help with multiplication!
Exact Path & MindPlay
Tips & Tricks for a Successful School Year
- Class connect attendance is extremely important in addition to completing online coursework. Please prioritize attending class every day and email all teachers if you know you are going to be absent. Communicate with your homeroom teacher about any scheduling conflicts.
- Create a family schedule to stay on track with all students' class connects.
- Come to class prepared. Be sure to eat, use the restroom, do chores, etc. before or after class connects. Log in to class a few minutes early to be ready to start on time.
- Stay on track each day by following the Bison On-Track Calendar.
- All assignments require 80% mastery in order to be marked complete. Click here to watch a video showing how to retake an assessment. If you run out of attempts, contact your homeroom teacher.
- Watch recordings of any missed class connects. Click here to see how to access recordings.
- Clear out browser cache, cookies, and history daily to ensure that your computer runs smoothly with Newrow. Click here for instructions. Shut down your computer each night.
Bison Mindset Minutes
Important Upcoming Dates
- December 16th: All School Virtual Outing in Zoom
- December 16th: Last Day of 2nd Quarter; All Work Completed by 5:00 PM
- December 17th-18th: No School-Teacher Work Days
- December 21st: Winter Break Starts
- January 4th-5th: No School-Teacher Work Days
- January 6th: First Day of 3rd Quarter
You will be able to find current and past Bison On Track Calendars and Newsletters on the school website.
If you are experiencing technical issues, please use the link above or call 866-512-2273 to submit a ticket.
In Case You Missed It
Teacher Contact Information
Call: (405) 259-9478, ext. 3091
Text: (405) 309-7671
Special Education Teachermmiller@okvirtual.org
Special Education Teacher
Call: (405) 259-9478, ext. 2168
Text: (918) 550-4517
The Oklahoma Virtual Charter Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access educational programs and activities. As required by Title IX, the Oklahoma Virtual Charter Academy does not discriminate on the basis of gender, in its educational programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the Title IX non-discrimination matters:
- Angie Foust, Title IX Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, (405) 259-9478 ext 2069, 1160 S Douglas, Midwest City, OK 73130
- Additionally, you may contact the Office of Civil Rights by calling 1-800-421-3481.