The Jaguar Journal
Volume 1 | Issue 7
Dear SFX Family,
The SFX Family is doing a great job keeping our community safe and healthy. It is EXTREMELY important to continue these efforts and stay focused. Please see the new section below, Covid-19 Corner, for reminders and updates on guidelines.
Box Tops, Community Coffee Labels, and Coca Cola codes are due tomorrow, September 30, 2020. Students who turn in at least 20 of one category earn a free tennis shoe day on Friday, October 2, 2020. A personalized SFX water bottle will be raffled off in each grade, and the class with the most collected will win a pizza party!
You can still get a Tuesday T-shirt if you did not already! We have almost all sizes left except 4T, YXS, and YS. Please email Mrs. Jessica Welty if you would like to purchase one.
You are amazing! We are exceeding expectations for the Jaguar Fun Run and are so grateful! We have two nights left of pledging to completely crush this. THANK YOU! The Jaguar Fun Run is Thursday! The schedule is below, but first, please remember:
- Drop-off will be on Betz Place ONLY.
- Students may wear any SFX t-shirt, athletic shorts, and tennis shoes.
- Students will run by grade level. They do not have to wear masks during the run since it is extended physical activity.
- This will be a regular 3:00 PM dismissal day with After School Care.
- While parents cannot come on campus to cheer on the runners, you can stand on the Metairie Rd. side of the fence to cheer and watch from a distance! The schedule is below.
Friday we will have Mass for grades 1-3 and prayer service for PK4-K, and you may just see a Jaguar on campus! On Sunday, Fr. Joe and Fr. Thien will be holding a Drive-By Blessing of the Pets from 4:00-5:30 PM
Click here for the October cafeteria menus.
Have a great week!
May God bless you and keep you,
Jessica A. Dwyer, M.Ed.
- The Louisiana Department of Education (LDOE) updated its guidelines for schools to include that masks must be worn outdoors by faculty and students to the maximum extent possible.
- Masks are considered the best option for a face covering. Gaiters are no longer considered optimal.
- Parents must self-report positive cases/exposures within the immediate family to Ms. Dwyer.
- Do not send students to school when they are sick.
- Do not give students fever-reducing medication and send them to school.
- Refer to the symptoms questions card each morning as you will be asked what your answers are.
Thank you for you help and support in keeping our community safe and healthy!
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
- September 30 - Box Tops Due
- October 1 - Jaguar Fun Run; 3:00 PM Dismissal & After School Care
- October 2 - Box Tops Tennis Shoe Pass Day; Men's Club Gold Tournament; Mass, Grs. 1-3 & Prayer Service, PK4-K (students & teachers only)
- October 4 - Drive-By Blessing of the Pets, 4:00-5:30 PM
- October 7-9 - 1st 9 Weeks Exams, Grs. 6-7
- October 9 - 1st Quarter Ends
*The revised calendar at a glance can be found on the School News Page of Gradelink or downloaded below.
NOTE: The most up-to-date information is on the school Google calendar.
Men's Club News
Old Metairie Golf Classic - Friday, October 1 @ Stonebridge Golf Club
Email OldMetairieGolfClassic@gmail.com with any questions