Linden Leopard Growl
September 14th, 2022
Dates to Remember
- Scholastic Book Fair Begins
- Evening Book Fair Hours 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Linden Gear Day
Friday, October 7th
- School Photo Retake Day 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- 5th Grade Soil Secrets Field Trip to Peace Valley
- 1st Grade Field Trip to Hellericks Farm
- 5th Grade Field Trip to Camp America Day Camp
- LHSA Trunk or Treat Event 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
LHSA Needs Your Help!
Are you interested in helping out with LHSA sponsored activities held at Linden? The LHSA has many volunteer opportunities throughout the year. Please take a look at the LHSA Committees Sign Up to see if there is an activity that you may be interested in helping out with this year!
We are still in need of a chair or co-chairs for our Winter Programs at Linden. Winter programs run from mid-January through mid-March but planning needs to begin in late fall. The former organizer has volunteered to meet with new chairs to get them started on the planning process. If interested or if you’d like more information, please email Heather Corbet at firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up using the sign-up genius.
Please Click Here for the Sign-Up
CLASSROOM HELP STILL NEEDED
Some Classroom's still need Homeroom Parents...Please Check the Sign-up Genius to make sure your students teacher has one!
The Homeroom Parent will be the main point of contact for the teacher to help organize parties, etc. The assistants will work with the homeroom parent as needed to assist with any events they may need help with.
*It is required that all volunteers at Central Bucks School district obtain their clearances. If you do not have your clearances on file AND APPROVED on the Central Bucks Volunteer Tracker, please begin the process immediately so that you'll have your clearances in time for Halloween parties! Please refer to https://www.cbsd.org/volunteers for more information.*
Congratulations To Our Summer Readers
Congratulations to our 16 participants in the summer reading Bingo program! It was fun to see how kids spent time reading over the summer…on a picnic, on the swings, on the beach.
The 2 classes with the most participants were Mrs. Fetter’s class and Miss Millman’s class. Each of these teachers will get $20 to spend at the book fair for their classroom library. Congratulations!!
Quest Engineers of the Week
Hey 5th & 6th Graders- Let Your Voices Sing!
Any questions, please email Mrs. Simon at email@example.com
Hey 6th Grade
MTSS: Multi-Tiered Systems of Support
Car Rider Placards
If you would like to purchase a car rider magnet or need a replacement, at a cost of $9.00 each, please go to MyPaymentsPlus and choose the Linden Car Rider Magnet activity.
Please call the Linden School office to arrange to pick up the extra magnet at 267.893.4401
CAR RIDER SAFETY REMINDERS!
Parents who drive their children to school should plan to arrive between 8:50 – 9:00 AM to allow time for your child to get to class on time. Car rider dismissal begins at 3:45 PM. The gate providing access to the car rider loop behind the building opens at 3:40 PM.
The daily volume of traffic on Linden Avenue is such that you should expect brief delays, especially during inclement weather.
Please pay careful attention to the following safety reminders as you enter and exit the Linden parking lot during arrival and dismissal. We ask that you please obey our traffic rules while entering and exiting Linden's school zone:
- Please be mindful of the speed limit.
- Please be mindful of “car line etiquette” when driving on campus.
- Minimize cell phone use.
- Follow procedures and direction from supervisory staff.
- Minimize distractions inside car (reduce radio volume, maintain order of additional passengers/pets).
- Please yield to pedestrians in the crosswalk(s). Supervisory staff are stationed at both ends of campus (Bottom of Linden Avenue and the blacktop area between the playground & gym) to support safe passage through high traffic areas.
- Please come to a complete stop at all stop signs.
- Please move forward only when the car in front of you moves forward – Do not attempt to pull out and go around the car in front of you.
Thank you for making certain your name placard is visual as you drive through the car line. This is a safety measure and it expedites the process of getting cars in and out.
IMPORTANT: Annual Student Information Update
The parent portal is now open for families to complete the Annual Student Information Update.
The deadline to complete this form is September 30, 2022.
UPDATING THE INFORMATION IS CRITICAL. Unless the update is completed:
- School nurses may NOT administer acetaminophen, antacids (Tums), antihistamines (Benadryl), or ibuprofen.
- The school may not be able to reach you in an emergency if phone numbers or email addresses are not up to date.
- You may miss school closing, early dismissal information, emails from classroom teachers, and MORE.
To update your information today, log in to your parent portal account at www.cbsd.org/parentportal. Once logged in, select, “More” on the menu, and click Annual Student Information Update.
A waiver for the 2022-2023 laptop device fee (due for grades 3-7 and 10) or an accessory (charger, headphones, wireless mouse) credit of equivalent value will be awarded to 100 families randomly selected from among those who complete the update on or before August 29, 2022.
For more assistance you have any questions or would like help with this, please call or email Lori Rebstock at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for taking the time to update this important information.
Is Your Student Interested in Learning an Instrument???
-Set up recurring payments
-Create low balance alerts
-Track and review what your student is purchasing
To access the Central Bucks Food Services Page, Click HERE
To apply for Free & Reduced Lunches, CLICK HERE
On the Central Bucks Food Services page, you will also find a link to school Menus, both breakfast and lunch and well as Nutrition information.
REQUIRED HEALTH EXAMS FOR THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR
*Exams can be dated on or after Sept. 1, 2021*
You can upload your completed exam forms to your child’s parent portal.
Please keep a copy of the health form for your records.
Youth Soccer Night at CB West
EAST WEST FIELD HOCKEY CLINIC
Linden Elementary School Information
Linden is a "C" School
- Arrival begins at 8:45 AM
- Student Day Begins at 9:05 AM
- Student Day Ends at 3:45 PM
- Dismissal Ends at 4:05 PM
- For early dismissal days- dismissal begins at 12:25 PM
- For 2 hour delay days- arrival begins at 10:45 - student day begins @ 11:05 AM
- Morning Kindergarten begins at 9:05 AM (arrival begins at 8:45 AM) and ends at 11:40 AM
- Afternoon Kindergarten begins at 1:10 PM and ends at 3:45 PM
- A few years ago, we implemented a “modified kindergarten” schedule on weather delay days. The schedule will be as follows for Linden:
- AM Students 11:05 AM – 12:50 PM and PM Students 2:00 PM – 3:45 PM
Dear Central Bucks School District families,
This e-newsletter is designed to provide a brief overview of items discussed at monthly meetings of the district's board of school directors and its committees.
Find it at www.cbsd.org/boardnote.
Please share any feedback with Angela Linch at email@example.com or by calling 267-893-2073.