September 29, 2017
A Message from Dr. Kaminski
I wanted to thank you, your family, friends, and community members who made pledge donations to any of our BSE Bears during the BSE PTO Read-A-Thon this past month. Thanks to your considerable donations, the PTO has raised over $18,000 that will support student programming for all BSE Bears throughout the 2017-2018 school year. If you didn't get an opportunity to participate and still want to make a donation, please feel free to send that into the BSE office, attention BSE PTO. This event was a tremendous kick off to the school year with an obvious focus on what is essential at BSE: READING! Thanks for all of your support.
I have to give a great deal of thanks to the parent volunteers from the PTO executive committee who ensured this event's success. Thanks especially to Sara Weinberger and Jen White as this event took considerable energy, time, and effort. We all appreciate you!
It is shocking to say that this is the last message for September and that in two weeks we will be experiencing our first full week of October Break. The next two weeks also bring us Parent Teacher Conferences throughout HSE, so be sure that you are scheduled to see your teacher(s).
Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy the arrival of cooler fall like weather!
How Vermont Schools Manage Food Allergies
Second Grade Guest Speaker
Lunch Visitors (K-4)
- Reservations are accepted SAME DAY only.
- Call the office at (317) 915-4250 by 9:30 AM.
- Due to space limitations, we can only allow three visitors per grade level (younger siblings are included in these numbers) with a total of 10 visitors per day.
- Guests will be asked if they would like to purchase our hot lunch of the day, bring lunch from home, or just sit and visit. Restaurant food is not permitted.
- Fridays are movie days in the cafe.
Thank you again for all of your support of the BSE Read-a-Thon! Our 855 readers received donations from 745 sponsors and
collectively read a whopping 363,160 minutes! We were able to raise $18,660.40 in funds to support our school and are truly grateful! Way to go BSE Bears!
We are expecting to receive a shipment of prizes at the school today, Friday, September 29. We will get these sorted and distributed as soon as possible next week!
Spirit Wear orders should be delivered by Monday or Tuesday of next week!
When viewing student fees for students in grades K-4 in Skyward Family Access, there will be multiple fees displayed that may look similar.
- Grades 1 through 4 there will be one for textbook fees and one for consumable fees.
- Kindergarten students will have a textbook, consumable and material fee.
Textbook and consumable fees may include digital resources or periodicals, depending on the grade level. If your student is renting an iPad, a separate fee will be listed.
If you have any questions regarding your child's fees, please contact our school's treasurer, Mrs. Fletcher.
Payment options are:
- e~Funds For Schools (click here): If you have not yet set up your account, you will need your child(ren)'s six-digit ID, which you can find on your Skyward account under Student Info as "Other ID"
- Check: Make checks out to "BSE" and include student name(s) in the memo section.
- Cash: Exact amount only as we do not have change in the office.
Checks or cash sent in with students should be in sealed envelopes with student & teacher names as well as "Attn: Mrs. Fletcher" written on the outside.
Discovery Donations PLEASE
THANK YOU for all of the generous donations we've received.
Below are the items we need for our upcoming projects.
Popsicle Sticks (colored & jumbo, any amount)
Foil (qty: 30 boxes)
Straws (unwrapped, qty: 2500)
Yarn (any color, regular texture)
Plastic Spoons (qty: 50)
Pipe Cleaners (any colors, qty: 700)
Paper plates (sturdy with rims, qty: 300)
Construction paper (all colors)
Pom poms (orange, medium/small size, qty: 500)
Washers (hardware, qty: 200)
Brads (qty: 1000)
Liger XC 2017
Click here for our flyer.
Permitted use of school newsletters as required by the Equal Access Act
is not an endorsement of this group or this group’s beliefs by
Hamilton Southeastern Schools or the Board of School Trustees.