Weekly Happenings at Southeastern Elementary
Welcome to the September 13, 2019, edition of Southeastern Scene.
Dear Southeastern Families:
Each morning a small group of students deliver our morning announcements. Please ask your child about the special message that they receive each morning. Our message changes each week and aligns with our value in building a loving and safe community at Southeastern Elementary.
This week's message:
One rule we have here at Southeastern Elementary is "Be Respectful." Being respectful helps everyone feel welcome and safe. When we act respectfully, we listen carefully to each other, help each other, and try to understand how someone else feels. When we speak respectfully, we use friendly words and say please and thank you. We don't call other people names. This week, think about how you can act and speak in respectful ways in the classroom, hallway, lunchroom and out at recess.
Yours in education,
It can be tough to have mental health conversations, even with the people you are closest to. In honor of National Suicide Prevention Week, please take a few minutes to read these suggestions on ways to have some of those tough conversations.
Also, sometimes the hustle and bustle of our daily lives can be overwhelming. If it's overwhelming for us, imagine how our kids must feel. Please take a minute to read these tips to help bring calmness, attention, and appreciation to hectic daytime routines and marathon bedtime rituals.
Dates To Remember
- Friday, September 13, annual Mudsock Football game at Fishers High School.
- Monday, September 16, last day for collection for PastaBowl. Please see additional information below.
- Tuesday, September 17, PTO meeting, 6:00 p.m., media center.
- Wednesday, September 25, PTO Popsicles in the Park. Additional information below.
- Wednesday, September 25, PTO Mum pick up at Popsicles in the Park.
- Wednesday, October 2, Custodian Appreciation Day.
- Monday, October 7, through Thursday, October 10, Scholastic Book Fair in the Media Center.
- Friday, October 25th, PTO Movie Night.
Specials Teacher Spotlight
Last week, you received a skylert message detailing information about your student's school course fees.
Fees are also available for viewing on Skyward Family Access under the Fee Management tab. Fees are due October 4, 2019.
Payments can be made by check, cash or money order. Checks should be made out to Southeastern Elementary School and include your student's name and I.D number. Credit card payments can be made online using the EFunds payment system. A link can be found at www.hseschools.org under services /food services/efunds.
Instructions for Parents on how to make a Student Course Fee Payment
1. Go to the eFunds website. https://payments.efundsforschools.com/v3/districts/55481/
First time users, please register under the new user area. You will need to know your student's 6 digit student ID.
2. Select Optional Fees.
3. Select Students name.
4. Select specific schools Student Course Fees.
5. Go to Family Access Fee Management Site. https://sis.hse.k12.in.us/scripts/wsisa.dll/WService=wsEAplus/seplog01.w
6. Select Fee management on the left side.
7. Make a note of the Unpaid Balance and type or copy/past into eFunds web site.
8. Select Add to Cart.
9. Select Begin Checkout.
Note: There is a $2.25 convenience fee for online payments.
All fees are due no later than October 4th.
We have been doing great with our collection of pasta for our annual PastaBowl fundraiser. Thank you to parents and students for your donations. We will continue to collect donations through Monday, September 16 . It is estimated that 1 in 7 HSE students struggle with hunger. PastaBowl raises awareness for the 3,000 local children struggling with food insecurities. Pasta is a core staple for area food banks and comes at an essential time during the pre-holiday months when donations are low.
- Donations can be brought into Southeastern Elementary between September 9-16.
- Total amounts collected announced the week of September 23.
Pasta will be donated to area food pantries. Monday is our last day to accept donations. Southeastern students, lets show our support for area food pantries by donating pasta during PastaBowl.
Lunch and Breakfast Information
Just a reminder that we are now offering ala carte options in our cafeteria. These options will include the following:
- Cheese cubes .75
- Go Big Yogurt $1.00
- Chips $1.00
- Cookies $1.00
- Bottled Water $1.00
Every Friday will be Ice Cream Fridays! Vanilla, chocolate and non-dairy options will be available for $1.00. Money must be in student's lunch account, or money can be brought in by the student.
- Just a reminder, SES will welcome lunch room visitors after Monday, September 2nd. SafeVisitor is required to have lunch with your child (SafeVisitor information is below).
- You may reserve a spot to eat lunch with your child the morning of by calling the main office at (317) 594-4340. The call cut-off time is 9:30 a.m. There is a 4 guest maximum per grade (including younger siblings).
- Click menu to view each day's lunch options
Dismissal Manager available Monday, September 16th.
Good News! For your convenience, Southeastern Elementary proudly announces that we will begin utilizing an online dismissal management system. It is dependable, easy-to-use, and can be updated by parents and guardians from the convenience of their smart phones, tablets and PCs.
Through the on-line dismissal management system, you can:
- report student absences and late arrivals,
- schedule early departures from school,
- schedule after-school activities
- make transportation changes as late as 2:05 on Mondays and 2:30 Tuesday - Friday
We plan to convert to this system September 16, 2019. You have been provided with information through an email sent earlier in the week from School Dismissal Manager. The email contains important instructions and your personal login credentials. Please use them to log into the system so that you can begin to familiarize yourself with it and to verify that the default "transportation" currently set as your child's transportation is correct.
As of Monday, September 16th, all transportation changes will be accepted only through the School Dismissal Manager!
Here are a few Fast Facts that you will need to know for getting started:
- New parents have been issued a username and temporary password at the top of the email that was sent to your personal email account on September 11th. Returning parents can use their existing parent login credentials. Please use these to login to SDM at www.schooldismissalmanager.com.
- The Parent Login area is found at the top right of the SDM homepage.
- When you login for the first time, you will be required to change your password immediately.
- Please refer to the Parent Guide for Creating Exceptions for details on how to use the system.
- As you begin to use School Dismissal Manager, if you have questions, please check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) link found in the Parent login area at the top of the SDM homepage. Here, you will find answers to the most commonly asked questions. If your question remains unanswered after checking here, please contact the school office and we will be happy to assist you further.
- When you start to receive the email notifications of changes or cancellations that are made for your child, please keep in mind that hitting Reply or Reply All on those emails does not reply to the school. If you need to respond to a notification (i.e., to inform the school it is incorrect, provide additional details, etc.) please call the school directly and talk with someone in the office.
- Do not use the Recurring Dismissal feature to put in your child's ''default'' dismissal.
- Each school day, School Dismissal Manager will send a comprehensive dismissal report to the school immediately following the cut-off time, allowing administrators and staff to facilitate a smooth dismissal.
Thank you for using this tool to help us keep the dismissal process safe and orderly for all our students. Please contact our office if you have any questions or concerns.
Parent Summit Series
Hamilton Southeastern schools are sponsoring two parent summit series to educate parents about digital media safety and school safety. Information can be found by clicking on the links below. You are invited to attend both of the following series:
Helping Parents navigate the digital world link.
School safety awareness night link
Lost and Found
Please join the PTO for a night of fun playing on the Southeastern playground, catching up with old friends and making new friends! Popsicles in the Park will be Wednesday, September 25, at 6:00 p.m. Please park in the front of the building and follow the sidewalk to the back playground. Feel free to bring balls, jump ropes, etc. The building and bathrooms will not be available.
Also, Mums purchased through the PTO will be available for pick up on September 25, from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. during Popsicles in the Park.
Stay connected with Southeastern PTO
Please check out the latest PTO news here.
Instragram: @Southeastern PTO
Twitter: @Southeastern PTO
Community Insider provides information for events and services that might benefit HSE students and families. Please click Community Insider for more information about events happening near you.
Anyone wanting to spend time in the school or chaperone a field trip must have a SafeVisitor ID badge. If you have not yet completed the background check, click Safe Visitor to get started.