PH & SB News!
South Bay District News for the week of Oct. 3rd
Girls & Boys Basketball
Nightly Reading Homework
All students at Pine Hill and South Bay have nightly reading homework. THIS WEBSITE and the video below provide a number of suggestions and strategies for families when reading with their children at home. Reading homework has been proven to be the most effective homework for elementary-aged students. We greatly appreciate you prioritizing reading with your children every evening! They will benefit greatly from the experience!
Apples for Educators
National School Lunch Week, Oct. 10-15th
In order to celebrate we are going to have a groovy Tye Dye day on Wed. 10/12. Wear your favorite tye dye and thank Ms. Danika and Ms. Angie for all they do!
Site Council/Charter Council
- provide an open forum for discussing educational issues
- provide an opportunity for interaction by parents, teachers, and administrators
- foster the importance of decision-making at the site level
- contribute to each site's Plan for Student Achievement
- assist in defining educational needs and problems
If being a part of our schools' site councils intrigues you, please reach out to Heather Becksted at South Bay or Tim Grimmett at Pine Hill. Your interest in this important school team is greatly appreciated!
Menus will be covered in two-week sections, due to supply chain issues. The kitchen wants to ensure that we are able to provide the meals that are on our menu, so planning for shorter time periods is necessary. Both South Bay and Pine Hill do not provide microwaves for students to use in the cafeteria, so please pack ready-to-eat meals.
**Remember school breakfast & lunch is free for ALL students, regardless of home income. **
Parent Teacher Student Association
Family Resource Center
Get familiar with what the FRC has to offer! Stop by or call us at 707-445-5933.
- Parent Support Group will be starting up Friday, September 2 from 8:30-9:30 in the Pine Hill FRC.
- First Five sponsored Playgroup will be starting up Tuesday, August 30, from 9:30-11:30 in the Pine Hill FRC.
- Costco Diapers Sizes 1-5 Available.
- Backpacks and School Supplies Available
- We will start sign-ups for our Friday Food Bag list soon. If you'd like a bag of food sent home with your student every Friday call and let us know!
- We are open for drop-ins at Pine Hill in the FRC and at South Bay in Room 17 Mon-Fri 8:00-4:00.