Brewster School Newsletter
June 3, 2016
You Make Me Wanna Shout
- To Katie, Linda, Jen and Laura for working on class lists.
- To all those who picked up extra classes and changed schedules to cover sub shortages.
- To Maura C, Carrie and Christina Z. for sending down thank you's for Volunteer Appreciation Week. The parents loved reading the messages from the students.
- We have to do one more drill next week - believe it or not it is a bomb threat. I will not tell the children that, I will announce that we must evacuate the building. We will use the fire drill procedures after the announcement but the alarm will be silent. Attendance should be taken. Most of the practice for a bomb threat is in the office. However, please note that no cell phones or walkie-talkies can be used during a bomb threat. It will be done Tuesday or Wednesday.
- Field day is Thursday, June 9th at Korn School. Please meet your students on the black top on Thursday at 8:30. Activity schedules and maps will be in your boxes early next week along with lunch coverage schedules. The kindergartners and first grades will be bused back at 1:30 then a bus will return to Korn for the second graders. Please identify a teacher at each grade level to take the bus with the students. Popsicles will be available for all the students when they return. Each grade level has planned an hour activity for the student when they return. I would like to make sure all staff has a break when we return. I believe this is possible if we cover a couple teachers at a time for a break with assistants.
- All end-of-year sign out materials will be put on Monday. Nothing can be handed in to Patti, except assessment results, until Friday after dismissal.
- Progress reports and IEP's are due next week. Related arts should be completed on Monday.
- The library and book nook closed today.
- Return books to library and book nook as students bring them in.
- Technology class will be in the computer lab next week.
- Intervention services ended today.
- PLC meetings will end this week. (Wednesday if field day is Thursday and Thursday if field day is Friday.)
June 7 - Summer Reading Assembly 8:50, Class list day from K to 1
June 8 - Kindergarten Water Day 9-12
June 9 - Field Day
June 10 - Early Dismissal, Field Day rain date, Computer lab closes, Transitions Meetings
(times will follow)
June 13 - Go Far Assembly 8:50, Early Dismissal, Picnic Lunch following dismissal
June 14 - Early Dismissal, Pizza Party Lunch
Sunshine is planning some fun raffles for the end-of-year picnic lunch. Lunch will be held on June 13th after the last bus. A sign-up for food will be on the staff room door sometime next week. Make sure you sign up for what you would like to eat as well as what you would like to bring.
Also, please consider joining Sunshine next year. It would be nice to have some new and fresh ideas.