Deerfield April Newsletter
Calendar of Events
April 13 - PTO Zoom Meeting 7:00pm
April 16- Inclement Weather Make-Up Day- PREK-12 IN SESSION
April 28 - Kindergarten Orientation
April 26-30- Deerfield Gives Back ( More info to come!)
District Covid Cases Updates
You may view the current listing of reported COVID cases on our website at https://www.usd497.org/Page/12912.
Find additional COVID-19 resources, district health and safety measures, and links to information about the COVID vaccine at https://www.usd497.org/Coronavirus.
Thank you for continuing to follow, and encourage your children to follow, these healthy habits to prevent the further spread of the virus in our community: wear a mask, wash your hands, stay home when ill, and stay at a safe distance from others outside your household.
Gating Criteria Update!
While our local data looks good, please keep following health and safety measures - mask up, wash up, stay safely apart, and stay home when ill or exposed to someone who is ill. When making weekend plans, consider safety!
Reminder: All of our schools will be in session on April 16, our inclement weather make-up day.
If you would like to purchase a yearbook please mail cash or check to Deerfield Elementary. Make checks payable to Deerfield Elementary with "YEARBOOK & your child's name" in the memo of your check. If your child missed picture day and you would like them in the yearbook, please send a headshot of your child (using a neutral background) to email@example.com by April 7th.
We are excited to welcome our incoming kindergarten students for next fall! It's time to start the enrollment process.
Children who reach age 5 on or before Aug 31, 2021, are eligible for kindergarten registration for the 2021-2022 school year. Please share this information with your neighbors, friends and/or family who may also have an eligible student.
Click Here to begin the on-line enrollment process and select the link for the 2021-2022 school year.
Next, be sure to email or bring the required registration documents below to your school/administrative assistant:
- *Certified Birth Certificate - *We will need to see the original prior to the first day of school, but can use the scanned copy for now
- Proof of Residency -Proof of Residency (accepted: a current utility bill - water/gas/or electric, current car registration, or a new lease agreement/buyers agreement)
- Current Immunizations - We will take immunizations that your child has had to this point. You may follow up with any updated immunizations prior to the first day of school.
- *Physical - *We understand that some children may not have had their 5 year physical yet and will have more immunizations at that time. You may email it as soon as it is complete, or prior to the first day of school.
Once your student's registration has been completed, you will be added to your school's email/mailing list to receive an invitation to their kindergarten orientation/information sessions that will be held this spring.
If you are unsure of your school boundary or have questions, please call the enrollment center at 785-330-1921.
State Testing for Grades 3-5
ELA - April 6
ELA - April 7
Math - April 8
Math - April 9
Science - April 12
Science - April 13
ELA - April 15
ELA - April 16
Math - April 19
Math - April 20
ELA - April 8
ELA - April 9
Math - April 13
Math - April 14
*Any changes to this schedule will be communicated by your child's teacher.
Hero of the Week
4/5-4/9: Colin Kaepernick
4/11-4/15: Joy Harjo
4/18-4/22: Grace Vanderwaal
4/26-4/30: Malala Yousafzai
As one of our mitigation strategies, we are continuing to limit access to the building. Please help by following these protocols:
- If you need to deliver something to the office, please send it to school with your child as opposed to hand delivering to the office.
- If your child forgets their water bottle, they can get a cup from their teacher to use for the day. You do not need to bring their water bottle to school.
- If you need to pick up your child early from school. Please stay in your car and call the office (785-832-5660). The office will sign out your child and send them to you.
- As always, we appreciate everyone wearing a mask while on school grounds.
Reminder: Traffic Plan
Sign Up to Get Text Reminders
When prompted, enter your name and your child's name in parentheses. Please know that you number is not shared with anyone else. You can unsubscribe anytime by texted @leave.
Can My Child Go To School Today?
School Supply List Here! The supply list will be the same for the 2021-22 school year!
Deerfield Website Calendar
Revised School Calendar
Click here to see the recently revised school calendar.
Breakfast & Lunch Menu
Breakfast & Lunch Menu Here!
Like Deerfield Facebook Page
Like our Deerfield Facebook page www.facebook.com/deerfield497
Like Deerfield PTO Facebook Page
Like our Deerfield PTO Facebook page: