Pella Middle School
News from January, 2019
- February 4 - Classes - Makeup Snow Day
- February 4 - Conferences from 3:30 - 7:00
- February 4 - HS Orientation for 8th grade parents and students @ Pella MS from 6:00-7:00
- February 6 - 90 minute Professional Development Early Dismissal
- February 11 - Excellence in Electives 5:30-7:00 at Pella High School
- February 12 - 1:15 Dismissal for Elementary Conferences
- February 14 - 1:15 Dismissal for Elementary Conferences
- February 15 - No Classes
- February 20 - 90 minute Professional Development Early Dismissal
- February 27 - 90 minute Professional Development Early Dismissal
- March 6 - 90 minute Professional Development Early Dismissal
- March 11 - 15 - Spring Break
- June 6 - Final School Day due to weather related No School Days
Snowy & Cold January Days!
Registration for 2019-20
2019-20 School Registration is opening March 1All district families are encouraged to register all of their school-aged children for the 2019-20 school year starting March 1. Have a child turning 4 by September 15, 2019? We need you to register them for preschool too! More details to come in the next few weeks about this exciting annual event, so watch your inbox! Questions about the 2019-20 school registration can be directed to Allissa Grandia by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 641-628-9539.
8th Grade Informational Meeting, Orientation, and Planning for High School
A meeting will be held at 6:00 PM in the Pella Middle School Gymnasium for parents/guardians of 8th grade students to discuss topics such as high school registration, course information and options, and graduation requirements, among many other things.
8th grade parents and students are encouraged to attend, but we know conflicts will and have arisen due to rescheduling events and activities. If you are unable to attend, we will record as well as share the presentation afterwards.
Other Important Dates for 8th Grade Students:
Tuesday, February 5 - 8th grade orientation for students from 12:00-3:00
Students will tour the high school building in small groups and end with a question/answer session.
Monday, February 11 - Excellence in Electives 5:30-7:00 at Pella High School
This is a come-and-go event where students can learn about our electives offered at the high school.
Please contact the middle school or high school counselors after these events if you have further questions.
Middle School & High School:
Awesome Display of Sportsmanship
Thank you to Pella Women's Business Club
Math Counts Champions
Participants pictured below are: Grant Anderson, Stephen Gaul, Camden Holland, Zack Neumann, Taryn Peffers, Jack Conrad, Donovan Helle, Wyatt Van Dyk, Gideon VendeKieft,
Grant Anderson, Zach Neumann, Donovan Helle, and Penelope Shriver will be moving on to the state competition in March.
SOUP-er Bowl of Caring
Student Council Accepts $4000 Check from Pella Community Foundation
Piper Eighmy, Pella Middle School student council president, and Mrs. Kristin Schulz, 7th grade Social Studies and student council sponsor, accept a $4000 check from Mark Recker and the Pella Community Foundation. The money will be used to pay for Meals from the Heartland on March 29. If you would like to observe or be a part of it, please join us. More details to come in upcoming newsletters. This will be another tremendous service learning opportunity for all of our students.