Family Engagement Newsletter
Dear Pike County Families,
Title I Annual Meeting
You are invited to attend this informational meeting
at 5:00 p.m. on October 21 in the PCPS Cafeteria.
Click here for powerpoint presentation:
There are many ways to engage your child:
- Be informed
- Plan family time that doesn't involve TV or cell phones.
Fun and Easy: Mason Jar Ice Cream Recipe is great for kids!
Only 4 Ingredients!
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Additional Time: 3 hours
1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar, honey, or maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1. In a wide mouth, 16 oz mason jar, combine the heavy cream, sweetener, vanilla extract, and salt.
2. Place lid of the jar, twist and close tightly
3. Have your child shake the mixture for approximately 5 minutes until the mixture doubles in size and is opaque in color. When shaken long enough, the mixture should easily coat the back of a wooden spoon.
4. Place the jar in the freezer for 3 hours. Shake every 30 minutes to prevent iciness.
5. Scoop out ice cream with a spoon and serve with your favorite toppings!