By: Shilpi Somaya Gowda
Shilpi Somaya Gowda
- Currently resides in California
- She is from Toronto, Canada
The book Secret Daughter was published in 2010 by HarperCollins Publisher.
About the Book
- Setting: India and California
- Relatable: shows the struggles that every family goes through, how people define themselves, and identity
- Dynamic Characters: Kavita is an Indian woman whose actions are preventing bad things from happening, and Somer lives in California all her actions are directed to good things.
- Plot: Kavita puts her daughter up for adoption in the hopes to save her and Somer adopts a daughter from an Indian orphanage.
- Not very much humor but a very serious and intriguing book.
This book is multicultural because it takes place in both India , and California. It's all about two different cultures coming together through one girl. The author was also Indian but raised in Canada, still visiting India during summers to volunteer at local a orphanage.