Avalon School of Cosmetology
- Location: Alameda, California.
- Specific Programs Offered: Cosmetology, esthetics, advanced beauty classes, beauty school instructor program, and business training.
- To enroll, you must have high school diploma or GED, and be able to speak and write fluent English.
- Tuition and fees for cosmetology are $19,250, and $1,540 for books and supplies, without financial aid.
- The program is designed to take 55 weeks to complete, and the fee above would cover all 55 weeks.
- To get in, you must meet the requirements of having a diploma or GED and be able to speak and write English, then you need to meet with a representative from the school to provide catalogs, ask questions relating to the courses, and map out career goals, then finally submit your application packet.
- They have a %70 completion rate.
- City: Alameda, California
- Fun Things To Do: High Score Arcade, Pacific Pinball Museum, Alameda Theater.
- Weather: It's usually on the warmer side, the average temperature is 60.3 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Geography: It's in the bay area so it's located by the water, it's also located on an island right across from San Francisco, CA .
Payment Plan for School
- I plan to pay for this school by getting a part-time job or full time depending on the flexibility of my schedule, and hopefully have a little help from my family. I would also like to look into applying for scholarships.
- There is not a deadline for turning in FAFSA information.
- I would like to apply for the largest scholarship which is called, "Cosmetology/Cosmetologist general".
Achieving Post High School Goal
- My goal during my last few years of high school are just to graduate and do the best I can, because this school doesn't have a G.P.A requirement or grade requirement, just a diploma or G.E.D.
- I can't take many classes in high school because they don't make them available at my school, I could take art classes to try and broaden my artistic ability.
Available Community Volunteer Work as Training
- The only volunteer program I've heard of in Grants Pass is with Amanda, who does my nails, that told me I am welcome to come help her out around the salon in the summer.
- This will help me better prepare for the future because I'll have a better outlook on what the career is really like and how a job like that would be on an average day.