Huntingburg Elementary School
February 22, 2019
Accelerated Reader Winners
Just a reminder that students may look up books and point values on arbookfind.com.
MATH Bowl Team
Southridge Singers (Huntingburg/Holland combined choir):
- National Anthem IU vs Purdue Women's Basketball March 3
- Spring Concert SHS Auditorium March 18 6:30
- National Anthem IU vs Minnesota Men's Baseball Game April 27
Girl's Basketball Skills Camp
The STEM Robotics season is ending and it is time to celebrate our accomplishments! Family members are invited to join us in the J115 classroom (3rd grade hall) from 4:30 - 5:30 to see what the students have learned. The dates are as follows:
Grade 1: Monday, February 25th
Grade 2: Tuesday, February 26th
Grades 3-5 (Beginner EV3): Friday, March 1st
First Grade Fun
Second Grade Shenanigans
Advanced EV3 Robotics Club
Students from Mrs. Hurst's Advanced EV3 Robotics Club had a unique opportunity to fix clocks for Huntingburg Elementary School. Alberto Alvarenga, Gabe Dubon, Jackson Stegall, Alexa Taylor, and Grady Siddons proudly present the working clocks to Rick Jones and Eric Corbett (Not pictured: Edgardo Zalaya). Many thanks to Rick and Eric for this opportunity!
Audrey McAninch, a second grade student in Mrs. Tooley's class, convinced her mom the students could fix their clock, too. With a big smile and a hopeful heart she delivered the clock to Mrs. Hurst for repairs. Today, she proudly takes her mom's favorite clock home!
Library Media with Mrs. Bardwell and Mrs. Humbert
Read Across America Week!!
1. DEAR Time (Drop Everything And Read) -On Friday, March 1st at 8:30am. EVERYONE in the building will stop what are doing and read for 10-15 minutes.
2. Throughout the week, each student that comes to library class and doesn't have any overdue library books will be entered in the free book giveaway. We'll announce those winners on Friday.
3. Students that are interested may participate in a bookmark design contest. We will give them the supplies they need to get started in library class. All bookmarks will be due next Thursday and we'll announce the winners on Friday. Then, we'd like to get the winning bookmarks printed at Cecil's. Fun!