Mattos Family Update
October 2, 2023
Mattos PTA Fall Festival is Almost Here!
Dear Mattos Families,
I am so excited that one of our biggest PTA events is less than a month away- the Fall Festival! Our dedicated Mattos PTA volunteers are hard at work preparing for this annual event. Third grade teacher, Mr. Sherrod, will be rocking out with his band. Mr. McLeod, 4th/5th grade teacher, will be emceeing the day. Raffle baskets, silent auction items, games, food, and our Mattos community will make this year's event one to remember. Please see the flyers and order form below to preorder your game and food tickets. This is one Mattos event that you won't want to miss!
Reminders and Announcements:
- October: Mattos PTA Krispy Kreme Fundraiser
- Wednesday, October 4: International Walk and Roll to School Day
- Wednesday, October 11: Fremont PD Visit at Recess
- Friday, October 13: No School
- Monday, October 16: Reflections Deadline Extended- CLICK HERE TO ENTER
- Friday, October 20: Mattos PTA Pumpkin Patch (all students receive a pumpkin)
- Tuesday, October 31: School-Wide Parade @ 8:45 a.m. (students can come dressed in costume for the day)
- Tuesday, October 31: Minimum Day for Grades 1-5
- Illnesses: All students must be fever and vomit-free for 24 hours prior to returning to school without the use of medication.
Soaring in education,
Celebrate International Walk and Roll to School Day!
· Taking a walk, or riding a bike, skateboard, or scooter
· Biking with your child on their own or with a trail-a-bike
· Taking the bus with your child and walking to and from the bus stop
Post a fun photo on social media to celebrate the day! Remember to tag @AlamedaCoSR2S on X/Twitter with #WalkandRoll23 and #IWR2SD, and post on Facebook at facebook.com/saferoutestoschool.
We look forward to walking and rolling with you!
Wednesday, Oct 4, 2023, 08:15 AM
John G. Mattos Elementary School, Farwell Drive, Fremont, CA, USA
It’s a myth that only unexcused absences are causes for concern. Health-related absences may be marked as excused, yet time away from the classroom is a lost opportunity to learn and make connections. There are steps families and schools can take to try to limit health-related absences. We worked with a number of national health organizations on guidance that clearly communicates that students can attend with minor illnesses, and discusses when kids should stay home and seek advice from a health provider. For guidance as to when to keep your child home, please see Health Guidance for Going to School.
Mattos PTA Events
FUSD Breakfast and Lunch Menus
Mattos Eagles S.O.A.R.
Instructional Calendar- Please do not schedule vacations during the 180 instructional days.
Mattos Office Staff and Counselor
Vipa Kapadia, Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hsin Hsin Liu, Office Assistant, email@example.com
Erin Waterhouse, Counselor, firstname.lastname@example.org