Transition Plus March 18
Work to create the world as it should be--Michelle Obama
A friendly reminder: If you have information that needs to go out to the whole staff, and it can wait until Monday, submit it to be included in the MMM. We are trying to cut down on all staff emails.
The Career Expo: Autism at Work event, being hosted by Minneapolis College’s Accessibility Resource Center (ARC), Career Services, TRIO Student Support Services and TRIO Educational Opportunity Center, is an event to celebrate individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) that are successfully living, going to school, and working within our communities.
Event: Career Expo: Autism at Work
Date: Saturday, April 27th 2019
Time: 10am – 2pm
Location: Minneapolis College (1st Floor Technical Building)
Cost: FREE – lunch and parking are provided as well
Nate Pevito would like to thank everyone for donating to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society fundraiser.
We have now reached $38.19 as of 3/15/19
Our goal is to reach $100.00 by the end of third quarter. If you are able to donate in the next couple of weeks,
you can look for the PenniesforPatients boxes around the school. You may also donate to Nate and others that may come around to
the Advisory classes.
Thank you for your consideration for this great cause !
If you are in need of Mental Health/Suicide Prevention Training for licensure, please see below for offerings in the next few months. Sign up on e-Compass. Using the course and section codes.
Course 91661 Suicide Awareness and Prevention
Section 114616 Thursday, March 21st 7:30-8:30 am Davis Center N5-083
Section 114617 Wednesday, April 24th 4:10-5:10 pm Davis Center N5-083
Course 90271 Early Warning Signs/Mental Health Course
Section 114624 Tuesday, April 9th 4:00-5:30pm Davis Assembly room
Section 114618 Wed, April 24th 3:00-4:00 pm Davis Center N5-083
Just a reminder--
The time cards that Traci ordered are a bit different from what everyone is used to, but they will work the same.
- The new ones are not 2 sided.
- Go ahead and use the other side to punch in and out as you normally do, there aren't lines, however, you can easily punch in and out without the lines, just line up using the red guides in the time clock.
- There is an example posted by the time cards.
- ESP Staff who do not ride buses - If you are late, or leave early you will need to make sure your punch in/out time reflects what your time sheet says to your ESS entry.
- If your normal work day is 6 hours and you are 5 minutes late, you would enter 5.92 hours. You will subtract .08 for each 5 minutes additional - 10 minutes late is 5.85 and 15 minute increments is .25. I can't approve time your time sheet doesn't match what you entered on ESS.
Does your Promethean Board or Chromebooks need cleaning? Traci received the official method from IT.
Clean Chromebook keys and screen with a very lightly moistened soft cloth. Lightly spray a soft cloth to moisten it. It should be just barely damp. You do not want any moisture from the cloth to leak into the computer. Be very careful.
- A micro fiber cloth works the best.
- Do not spray directly onto computer or onto the screen.
- Water tends to work best. Never use any product containing any alcohol, ammonia, or other strong solvent to clean your Chromebook. Do NOT spray or wipe your Chromebook with any Windex/household cleaner.
If you need a micro cloth to clean your screens or boards, we have some available from the office.
Here is the link for instructions for cleaning Promethean Boards
Staff have asked for the levels of Behavior.
Behavior Continuum Feel free to refer to list of 1-4 Behaviors when completing incident reports or have questions about levels of behaviors.
A Few CBI Reminders
CBI modules are designed to do two things:
1. Augment student learning by giving them hands-on practical experience with what is being taught in the classroom
2. Give students time to achieve IEP goals that are unattainable in a classroom
Teachers are expected to (and have been!) facilitate 2 out of 3 modules each semester for a total of 4 modules each year. Teachers can facilitate more if there is need or interest.
Case managers assign students according to goals. This can be a discussion between case managers and students. Students will stay with their module for 5 weeks.
Module facilitators communicate with case managers to question a student assignment, or to request students for their module.
Facilitators can signify pre-requisites, limits, or intentions on their module themselves or have Colleen write them. One way to catch the students your module is designed for is to write a strong description of the module to guide people as they are signing up.
All Modules and descriptions should be given to Colleen two weeks before the Module starts. April 22 is the next deadline.
Upcoming at TPlus
Tuesday -------- 8:30 License Staff PD
----------------------- 3- 4:30 Build a Sundae
Friday ------------ 8:30 PSWE