OUR SHARED HISTORY,SYMBOLS OF CANADA,THE TREATY RELATIONSHIP
OUR SHARED HISTORY
The War In 1812- The American Revolution had ended in 1783. The new United States started expanding westward, which created conflict with First Nations and threatened British control of Rupert's Land. In 1812, the Americans declared war on Britain. Residents of the Canadian colonies would be willing to join the United States.
How did the war effect Canada?
THE TREATY RELATIONSHIP
What were the different perspectives of those who signed Treaties?
First Nations Expection For The Treaties
- Support for future generations
- Education and medical care
- Farming machinery and annual payments
- Land, hunting and fishing rights
- continue ways of life
- maintain peace
- share the land
- Make First Nations self-sufficientsd
- Open up the land to settlement
- Secure access to land and resources
- Maintain peace