Career Academy Newsletter
October 1, 2020
Getting back into the swing of things!
As we near the end of our second full week of school, we want to express our appreciation for all the impressive work of students and families. You have risen to the occasion and tackled new challenges, and we are happy to see so much learning going on!
Please see below for some important updates:
- If you are a remote student having trouble keeping up with the work from home and want to discuss the in-person option, please call us at 978-970-3318
- Please follow the NEW class schedule as of 9/28:
- 7:45 AM Morning Meeting “caoffice” (8:45 on Wed)
- 8:00 Period 1
- 8:47 Period 2
- 9:50 Period 3
- 10:53 Period 4
- 11:56 Period 5
- 12:59 Period 6
- 2:00 Afternoon Meeting "caoffice"
- If you are signed up to attend in-person, you are expected to be in school every day! Consistency is key! Please reach out if you have any questions.
- Remember to practice safe habits: wear your mask, social distance, wash your hands often, and stay home if you don't feel well.
- Please see the district's latest health updates here
- Students are expected to attend remote class Monday - Friday on Google Meet and Google Classroom starting with the morning meeting at 7:45 am, 8:45 on Wednesdays (Meet code: caoffice)
- Must complete attendance form for each class
- Have the option to make an appointment to get in-person support from our staff in our Learning Lab at the Career Academy 10:00 AM-2:00PM. Please note that this is a drop-in style lab and students may come and go as they please. If you do not wish for your student to leave on their own please contact the school and arrangements can be made.
Helpful Links for Students (must be logged into your LPS account)
- Find your classroom or a staff member
- Google Meets
- Google Classroom
- For free resources like bikes, clothing, toiletries, food, college dual enrollment, & jobs
- Use the 9-dot "waffle" at the top right corner of your screen for quick navigation
Please remember we are here to support you, so don't hesitate to reach out at 978-970-3318 or by using any of our contact info listed below.
Main Office: 978-970-3318
Megan O'Loughlin, Principal - 978-656-1223 Email
Lauren Campion, Community School Manager - 978-888-5308 Email
Donna Pelton, School Clerk - Email
Olga Guerrero, Social Worker - Email