LIS Update 4/8/2019
Professional Development 4/13/19
Both sessions count for Alief ISD Professional Development credit for the 2019-2020 PD year.
April 24, 2019 Meeting
- The April 24th Meeting is at the Career Center. We will be in the IOL - which is the big, round, glass room in the front, center of the building (more space and air than the room we were in last time).
- Snack patrol schools are: O'Donnell, Olle, Miller, Owens, HNGC, and ENGC
- Here is the meeting sign up link: https://www.schoolobjects.com/wshop/default.aspx?cid=15510
- There will not be a pre-meeting video.
- If you are attending the TLA Convention, please let me know. --- I'd love for you to share some knowledge at our April meeting
Monthly Report / MakerSpace Challenge
The prize wheel will be spun during the April 24th Meeting with at least 15 prizes to be given out.
Big Changes Coming to Dual Language
From the SLE Department: "The SLE Department is proud to announce that beginning Fall 2019 the Early Exit Bilingual Model will phase-out. On March 19th the Board of Trustees unanimously approved the implementation of One Way Dual Language as the District Bilingual Program Model for all Bilingual students!
A conservative phase-in plan was approved beginning with PK and Kindergarten only for next year. An additional grade level will come on board each year thereafter. This allows us the opportunity to train teachers and leaders on program expectations focused on one grade level each summer.
The SLE Dept. is currently conducting a 2 hour informational session with each of the 18 Bilingual elementary campuses per the schedule attached. The audience includes Principals, APs, Specialists, Interventionists.
We invite you to participate based on your availability. You are also invited to attend our Fundamentals of OWDL training that will be offered this summer."
Also you should be receiving training from this person every year about Activity Accounts Guidelines.