Remote Learning - Week One
Edgebrook Vision Statement: Edgebrook fosters a diverse community of learners working together to create an engaging environment which empowers each child to strive for excellence.
From the Desk of: Mrs. Reinhardt
I miss you...I miss the phones ringing, the loud cafeteria during lunches, the students asking for band-aids and most importantly the SMILES. As we learn how to create our new normal, please know that the priority of the district and Edgebrook is the health, safety and overall well-being of our students, families, and staff during this time. We are here to support each other - keep each other smiling and remaining positive. Starting Tuesday, March 31st we take our first steps down a new path of learning. This path will be full of educational opportunities that offer students a digital and non-digital way to stay engaged in their learning. A few important guidelines about D15 remote learning:
- Teachers will send students/parents an email prior to 9:00am each morning that include digital and non-digital activities for the day. Kindergarten through 3rd grade students will choose one activity from each subject area of reading, writing, math, Pearson math, Social Studies/Science, and Fine Arts. Pre-K students will focus on literacy, math and fine arts.
- We want to communicate with you! Teachers will encourage students to email them any questions or comments. Teachers will be available to provide feedback, support and/or encouraging words from 9:00-2:00 each day.
- Our goal is for students to stay engaged in learning - we do not want a student or parent to be overwhelmed in any way. We understand that many of our parents are working full time, some as essential workers. Please communicate with the teacher if the remote learning activities need to be adjusted for your child to better meet your family needs.
As we navigate down this remote learning path, all of us will learn as we go. We will all need a little grace, a little patience, a little encouragement and lots of support. I am so proud of how our district and school family has pulled together. We will continue to be united - we got this!
Please reach out to your classroom teacher, Mrs. Weber, or myself if you have any questions or if we can offer assistance in any way.
Michelle Reinhardt, Principal
Remote Learning Guidance:
- Check your email each morning before 9:00.
- Communicate with your teachers between 9:00 and 2:00 via email.
- Do your best!
- Have fun with your activities!
- Stop if you feel frustrated. Ask for help and stay positive!