We are excited that we might be able to see some of our students over the next few weeks. It would be great to see each student at least once so that they can say good bye to their teacher and start anticipating the next grade. Please see the instructions below if you'd like to sign up for this.
We are also working on a plan for the last week of June that may allow for a bit of a better transition out of their current grade. Stay tuned for more info on this.
Thirdly, we are thinking a lot about 2 groups of students - our new kindergarten students coming this fall, and our grade 4 students leaving us for middle school. Please know that we haven't forgotten about you. We were excited to have our kindergarten students in the building for a few minutes last week to pick up their Little Learner bags and meet some of their teachers. And we're working on some plans for a grade 4 farewell of some sort.
For the rest of our students, we haven't forgotten about you either. This whole time of school shut-down has been difficult for everyone, but please know that we miss each and every one of you and are excited to be able to see you all again soon!
Mr. Vince Hiebert
Principal: Elmdale School
A Note From the Library
- Please return ALL library books by Friday, June 12. A drop off bin is located by the main (flagpole) entrance of the school.
- If you have any questions about which books you may still have, please email Mrs. Penner at firstname.lastname@example.org
June School Visits
A bit of basic info:
- During the weeks of June 8-19 each child will have the chance to visit the school once each week (total of 2 times)
- Each school visit will be 1 hour in length. Students will spend that hour with their homeroom teacher
- All signup will be done through the Parent Portal.
- We are working on a plan for the week of June 22-26 - more details to follow
Please contact the school office at 204-326-3325 if you have any questions or are having trouble getting onto the Parent Portal.
Middle School update for Grade 4 Students
We are still working on a plan for our grade 4 farewell. Please stay tuned for more details!
- All students will be refunded $10 to their Parent Portal Account
- Grade 4 students who have a younger sibling will have their amount refunded to that sibling's account
- Grade 4 students who do not have a younger sibling will receive a cheque in the amount of $10
- In the fall when you are paying your student fees, you will notice this $10 credit on your child's Parent Portal account, which will reduce their amount owing for next year's supplies
- If a student has an amount owing from unpaid fees, this $10 will first go to cover that unpaid balance
If you have any questions about this, please contact the school office at 204-326-3325 or email@example.com