The Colt Courier
March 25, 2020
This is a ton of information, but please be sure to read it all carefully.
Dr. Epps wanted to thank all of you for everything you have done.
Schools closed through April 30th.
Sarah will be sharing a new choice board by this Friday. Please make sure plans are entered by April 3rd.
April 14-15 are set virtual planning days for teachers. Teachers not available to parents those days.These can be to plan the third round or to work on things with your team. Instructional Leadership team will be available to help with anything you need. These will also be days that we run copies for the 2nd round.
April 16-May 1 is the window Set 2 of 10 day plans for students.
Seat time: This includes independent reading.
1st grade-100 minutes
2nd-5th 120 minutes
7. Spring Break is Spring Break. Take this time to spend with your families.
8. The current work provided is up to Spring Break. The extra days will be time for students to finish their round 1 assignments.
9. Printing packets-Make sure the google document is updated with students who need a paper packet. Try to make packets limited with worksheets. One idea was to make a bingo board with activities for each subject. We do not need to do a worksheet for each day. It can be a written response, activity, etc. We can rotate science/SS plans to every other week. If you include a reading passage, please try to use it for multiple plans. Having a printed passage is too much to have daily. Storia is a good option for resources and Wilbooks has allowed schools to use it without copyright issues.
10. Pickup procedures-Curbside April 16-17. Hours are 7-10 the first day and 2-4 the second day.
11. New material should not be taught. No tests or accountability.
12. Grading-Complete or not complete.
13. No tests or quizzes should be given at all.
14. Educator Effectiveness-Please be sure if you were under any type of evaluation this year, that you go in by this Friday and complete anything that you can.
15. Summer Programs are still being planned as if they will take place.
- The Grant deadline of April 10th is quickly approaching. Here is the link with the information for writing a grant. Please let me know as soon as possible if you will need a letter of support from me. https://www.foundationforfortmillschools.org/programs/grant_programs/grant_overview.html
- We are doing a spirit week with students. Please try to incorporate this into your communication or even send a silly picture of you doing these. This will start the week of April 13th. Please send this out to your classes on April 3rd. This is a good day because it is right before spring break. Spring break is meant for everyone to be off.
Monday-Dress to Un-impress Day - wear your mis-matched, most comfy clothes, makeup and “fixing” your hair is not allowed (but showers and baths are encouraged)
Tuesday-Crazy Colors Day – dress up in as many different colors as possible
Wednesday-School Spirit – Wear your school colors, create a cheer/chant, have an at home “pep rally”
Thursday-Unknown Superhero Day – dress up like a superhero who has not been named in a movie or comic (ex. Endlessly Energetic Toddler, Multitasking Mom)
Friday- Beach Day – dress up in your beach wear, lay on towels and read a book, listen to some beachy tunes, pretend like you’re on a deserted island in your living room
Happy April Birthdays to the Following Colts!
We hope the following staff members have a wonderful birthday!
March 26 Dana Reese
March 28 Marylisa Martin
April 5th- Grace Haruska
April 8th- Matthew McCurley
April 8th-Haleigh Strayer
April 10th- Yara Ahrar
April 12th- Mary Raines
April 17th- Roberta Martin
April 23rd- Jenn Hawkensen
April 23rd-Meghan Love
April 28th-Monica Burke
April 29th-Jennifer Antley
April 29th-Sarah Baird
SES Teacher Website
Our Google Site will provide access to a variety of resources including: Master Schedules, Handbooks, Calendars, Faculty Rosters, etc...