Over the Hump
by: Father Charlie
February 6, 2019
The super bowl is over and President Trump gave his State of the Union speech, I wonder if there is a connection between the Patriots victory and the speech, about bringing the country back together.
What does patriotism mean in this day and time? The definition is "love and devotion to ones country.”
When we look around us in this day and age and look at our leadership, who are the patriots?
A patriot is able to see the big picture, looking for the best in the country and for the country, and not concerned about who gets the credit or who is doing it.
I wonder too, if we might want to take another look at the words. "One Nation under God” and see if that makes any sense anymore. Namaste .
Bless somebody today!
Please Join Us:
- Adult Sunday School 9am - 9:45am
- Mass Every Sunday—10:00 a.m.
- Children’s Sunday School—Every Sunday at 9:45am
- Luncheon—1st Sunday each month after services
- Daughters of the King—3rd Sunday of each month—11:30am
- Vestry Meeting—2nd Sunday each month after services
- Office Hours—Monday through Friday — 9a.m. to 1p.m.
Priest in Charge
Fr. Charlie Keen (214) 725-5328
Kim Devrow—(972) 875-2423 Office
(214) 773-6544 Mobile