The DiPiet Beat
October 28 - November 1
Traduções? Traducciones? ترجمة؟ Translations?
Se você precisar deste documento traduzido, por favor enrole ao fundo da página para a característica de tradução.
Si usted necesita este documento traducido, por favor desplácese a la parte inferior de la página para la característica de traducción.
إذا كنت بحاجة إلى ترجمة هذا المستند ، فالرجاء التمرير إلى أسفل الصفحة للحصول على ميزة الترجمة.
If you need this document translated, please scroll to the bottom of the page for the translation feature.
About this week and some more....
Happenings for this week:
- Picture Retake Day
- I respectfully request that you do not allow your children to play in the rock garden in front of the school. Staff and PTO members put a significant amount of their time creating the beautiful rock garden in this area. Multiple items have been broken and therefore removed.
- Early release. Dismissal begins at 11:30.
- Adjective Day
- Have a Safe and Happy Halloween!
- 11/3 - Daylight Savings
- 11/8 - Veterans Spirit Day
From the Principal's Desk
How lucky are we to have yet another beautiful Saturday?!?
We had another fun week at DiPietro. There was lots of learning, laughing, and students showing their teachers what they know! It was the perfect ending as the last bus was loading on Friday and one of our sweet third graders gave me a big smile, quick hug, and said "See you Monday!" Yes she will!
Just a few updates and some information as we head into the next week:
1. A new addition to the newsletter this week is the "Ask Me About" section. We are providing questions you are encouraged to ask your children that will facilitate conversation about what they are learning. These are questions that can be asked more than once. I also encourage you to use some of the Growth Mindset questions that were shared at Meet the Teacher Night. By asking these questions you not only learn about their learning, but you are supporting us at school and improving your child's long-term ability to read and write. The more they talk, the better their communication skills become. Better communication skills lead to stronger writing. These strengths lead to confidence in school. :)
2. Mrs. Barros, our school nurse, would like to remind those of you that signed up for the Dental Sealant Program that it will be taking place October 30 and November 1, 4, 5, & 6 in the nurse's office.
3. Please make sure to call the 24 hour absentee line when your child will be absent or significantly late - (508) 883-8029.
4. Mrs. Cavossa, our librarian, has a fun Book Fair coming up. Click here to learn more about it.
Looking forward to next week!
Ask Me About....
1. Ask me about the patterns on the October calendar in Number Corner?
2. Let me show you how we sky write a letter we are learning.
1. The calendar markers for October.
2. How to tap out a word and blend it.
3. What does it mean to Turtle?
4. Tell me about your Turtle Time area and what you do there.
1. What is a suffix?
2. Ask me about tens and ones.
3. Tell me about the life cycle of a frog.
4. Ask me what I like about fall.
1. Ask me about my favorite addition and subtraction strategy.
2. Ask me about what I'm visualizing while I'm reading at home.
3. Ask me about a personal success I had this week and how I achieved it.