By: Abby Rautmann
- A black hole is created when a star dies and bursts in the space.
- A star with the mass 20 times more than the sun is classified as a supermassive black hole.
- Sometimes supermassive black holes are discovered inside other black holes.
- Two men named John Michel and Pierre-Simon created the theory of the black hole.
- One of the first black holes to be seen was in 1971.
- Stephen Hawking was the scientist to discover this black hole.
- Hawking and his team called this black hole Cygnus X-1.
- The black hole scientists are currently researching is called Sgr A.
- This black hole is classified as a supermassive black hole.
- It is pulling a space cloud towards it, a space cloud is a kinda like a cloud on earth but carries debris and has many colors in it.
- The space cloud is called G2
- Tools that scientists use are called Very Large Array (VLA), Radio Telescopes, planet-size observatory, and Horizon telescopes.
- The VLA is a large telescope housed in a planet-size observatory.
- Another black scientists studying is called the Teacup. They called it this because the black hole is kind of in the shape of a Teacup.
- The scientific name for it is 11430+1339.
- This specific black hole is interesting because it had a supermassive black hole inside of it.
- Scientists are finding ways to power spaceships with radiation from black holes.
- Dr. Liu suggests "build a spacecraft with large intake at the front which would scoop up the dark matter particles that are emitted from the black hole. These particles will power the spacecraft."
- Dr. Crane says "it might be possible to reach the Andromeda Galaxy with the spacecraft I created."
- People are trying to get civilizations using radiation.
- Black holes emit a lot radiation, the scientists will use it to power the spaceships and household items.
- The voyager 1 is a black hole that scientists are trying to find the location of.
- It's currently in the system but they can't find the location, it's moving 10.6 miles per second.