White Bluff Parent Newsletter
Week of Sept 13th, 2021
What are we learning this week?
Math Topic F
MGSEK.CC.3 MGSEK.CC.4 MGSEK.CC.5
Lesson 23 I Can draw and count 9
Lesson 24 I Can count objects to 9, find hidden 5 groups and create something to show 9
Lesson 25 I Can count objects to 10
Lesson 26 I Can count objects to 10 and find hidden 5 groups.
Lesson 27 I can count objects to 10.
Communities and Relationships
Review Read to self
Review Read to Someone
Review Listen to Reading
Review/ Introduce word work (sight words)
Traits writing p74-82
Practice writing letters
Name writing, sight words
Phonics- Unit 1 Week 6 Dd, Ss
Alphabet exploration, vowel letters
Letter- keyword- sound- drill
Skywrite- echo letter formation
Consonant vs vowel
Physical Attributes/Sink or Float
The Shape of Things
Can it float?
Math: End of Module 1 Properties of Multiplication and Division /Module 2 : Place Value and Problem-Solving using units of measurements
Reading: Ask/answer questions about text (i.e., character growth, POV, motivation / content area concepts) using explicit details from the text:
- Literal & non-literal language
- Context clues- Pictures & illustrations
Science: Fossils/ How Fossils are made
Social Studies: Locate the major regions where American Indians lived. Compare and contrast how American Indians in the various regions used their physical system.
Interpret and represent patterns when multiplying by 10, 100, and 1,000 in arrays and numerically. Multiply multiples of 10, 100, and 1,000 by single digits, recognizing patterns. Multiply two-digit multiples of 10 by two-digit multiples of 10 with the area model.
Students will refer to details and examples in a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text. (Literary) Students will refer to details and examples in a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text. (Informational)
Students will demonstrate their ability to develop a model based on observations to describe the repeating pattern of the phases of the moon (new, crescent, quarter, gibbous, and full).
Please make sure all of your Scholars have the needed items on the supply list!
Tuesday - Unit 1 Math Test (cumulative) Wednesday thru Friday - Begin Module 2 (Fractions)
Compare/Contract 3 characters Have your child read to you and work in epic
Earth and Changes Over Time Go outside and make some observations with your young scientists
Join your child's homeroom class dojo!
Mr. Sacks dojo link is:https://www.classdojo.com/invite/?c=CFJ3FP8
Ms. Simms dojo link is: https://www.classdojo.com/invite/?c=CT6TLW3
Ms. Wilson's dojo link is:https://www.classdojo.com/invite/?c=C8D4TEE
All work can be accessed through Google Classroom
Friday is a Student Dress Down Day
- T-shirts are permitted; however, no offensive or suggestive material on any piece of clothing is allowed.
- No sleeveless tops or shirts, low necklines, spaghetti straps, shoulder- baring, midriff-baring or revealing tops or open back shirts may be worn.
- Modest and appropriate is the goal (no see-through material, no midriff or underwear showing).
- Overly short apparel is not permitted. Skirts, skorts and shorts must be at least fingertip length, even if leggings are worn under a skirt.
- Tennis shoes and athletic shoes are permitted; however, Crocs, flip-flops, mules, open back shoes, high-heeled shoes and sandals are not allowed due to safety concerns.
- No low necklines or tight fitting tops, pants, shorts, etc.
- No cut-offs, frays or clothing with holes/slits above fingertip length.
- No sagging or bagging.
- Hats and sunglasses may not be worn inside the building.
Medication and Over the Counter ProductsParents and guardians are to bring ALL medication to the school. Students may never bring medication of any kind, including over-the-counter products, to school. (With a current doctor's order on file, Nurse may permit students to carry their Epi-pen or inhaler after checked in by the parent.)
Please find our 2021-2022 Supply List
Please follow this link to find our Uniform Requirements.
Your voice is important, especially in these times when the world is changing moment to moment in the blink of an eye. The PTA is a strong voice that influences educational legislation. https://whitebluffpta.memberhub.com/store
FYI - GMAS Schedule
We are providing this information now so you will know. Please do not schedule any doctors appointments or vacation trips during this time.
All Eagles will take the GMAS this year and we are looking forward to receiving and using the data. Please ensure your child will be in school on these days.
Mathematics April 26
Reading and Writing April 27
Language Arts April 28
5th Science April 29
Makeups May 2
Apply for Lunch Benefits Today
Apply for Lunch Benefits Today
We are encouraging 100% participation for completing the lunch application before the deadline. Applications are ready to be completed: Click HERE for the lunch application
Together Everyone Achieves More! Join the Winning Team - PTA !
The rate changes daily. Please review the link for up-to-date information.
Covid -19 Testing
Covid -19 Testing
- Local Health Department
- Primary Care Office
- Curtis V Cooper Healthcare
- CVS Pharmacy, Walgreens, and other locations
- Anyone who would like to be tested for COVID-19 can get free testing.
- If you've been exposed to someone with COVID-19
- No one should report to school with Covid-19 related symptoms or if anyone else in the home has symptoms.
- Anyone with symptoms must stay home and report symptoms to the child's teacher.
- Students and staff must wear their masks daily
- Hand washing and sanitizing should be done consistently