For the Week of November 26-30
- Lapeer Community Schools is a dynamic community organization embracing our students with a quality learning environment, developing independent and confident learners for the future.
We think that each one of us is strong individually but we are even stronger when we work together.
Taking care of ourselves and other people is...
...being Turrill Tough!!
Parent Drop off and PickUp Reminders
- Please remain in your car and have your children enter/exit on the side nearest the sidewalk.
- Have your children unbuckle and prepare for exiting your car as you pull forward to the drop off
- Please pull forward as far as you can
- Merge to the pass through lane after dropping off or picking up your children
- If you have to exit your vehicle please use a parking space
Excellence in all we do for our students, our schools and our community through
- Continuous improvement;
- Diligent effort; and
- Innovative design
Office Hours during the School Year:8:15 am -- Office opens
8:35 am -- Student supervision outside of school begins (please do not leave your child unsupervised)
8:40 am -- Building opens; Students enter the building (breakfast available in the classrooms)
8:44 am -- School day begins
3:40 pm -- End of the school day
4:15 pm -- Office closes
What's Up this Week?
Monday, November 26 -
- Welcome Miss Eisinger - new PE Teacher
Tuesday, November 27 -
- "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me." - Carol Burnett
Wednesday, November 28 -
- PTC Open Meeting at 3:45
Thursday, November 29 -
- Good News Club after school
Friday, November 30 -
- October and November Student of the Month Lunch with the Principal
- October and November Young Scholar Assembly
Turrill, Servpro, and Holiday Depot Donation Drive
Monday, Nov. 26th, 9am to Friday, Dec. 7th, 9am
785 South Elm Street
Turrill Elementary and SERVPRO of Lapeer are teaming up to collect items listed below. A collection box is located at each classroom.
All donations will be picked up on Dec 10 at 9:00
Pizza party for winning classroom on Dec 14th at a time to be determined
Christmas Family Fun Night
Thursday, Dec. 13th, 5-7pm
785 South Elm Street
Event hours - 5:00-7:00 with a special visit from Mr. and Mrs. Claus!
Sloan Museum Holiday Activities!!
2nd Grade Musical
- Meet in classrooms at 6:00
- Performance begins at 6:15
- Performance will last about 30 mins
It is my pleasure to introduce two new teachers to the Turrill Staff:
New PE Teacher - Miss Ashlee Eisinger
- First day is Monday, November 26
- Miss Eisinger is a graduate of Lapeer Community Schools and has most recently been teaching in the Upper Peninsula.
New 1st Grade Teacher - Miss Shea Burgeson
- First day is Monday, December 3rd
- Miss Burgeson has experience in lower elementary and with instructing English Language Learners
- We are planning a "Meet the Teacher" Night on Tuesday, December 4th from 6:00-7:00 for her new families
The District started holding strategic planning focus panels late last month. During those engagements, a proposal was presented to right-size the District as a first step in the strategic planning process. There will be a lot more information coming out in the next several weeks, and many opportunities for students, staff and the entire community to get involved in the process.
We are currently planning for our next round of engagements, a pair of focus groups comprised of 80-100 people per session. We will have more information on those in the near future. If you would like to be a part of one of the focus groups, please e-mail Mary Moss at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please visit the District Website and click on the strategic planning link on the main page.
Upcoming Parent Involvement Opportunities
- Friday, November 30th - Young Scholar Assembly
- Wednesday, December 5th Coffee with the Principal
- Thursday, December 13th Christmas Family Fun Night