How To Leave Behind A Positive Digital Footprint
In order to maintain a positive reputation on the internet, you need to ask yourself some questions.
- Would you want the things you are going to post to be said to you?
- Will it hurt someone's feelings?
- Would you say it to them in person or just online?
- Would I be ashamed of saying it later on?
What you say online doesn't just effect the person you are bashing. It can also effect you and what people think of you. Many colleges and companies look at social media before admitting or hiring, so think twice before posting!
What NOT To Do
- Don't think the world revolves around you (your feelings aren't the only ones that can get hurt)
- Don't say anything that you wouldn't say in person
- Don't post pictures that you wouldn't show your grandmother (make that your new rule of thumb)
- Don't post if it could hurt a person
Law-Yone, Byron. "Answers from 32,000 U.S.-licensed DoctorsNo Waiting Room. FREE!" HealthTap. HealthTap, 2013. Web. 25 Feb. 2013.
STRUTT Central. "THE CYBER BULLYING VIRUS." YouTube. YouTube, 22 Mar. 2012. Web. 26 Feb. 2013.