Teach Like a Pirate
J.R. Irvin Elementary Weekly Staff Newsletter - vol 31
Enjoy this teacher appreciation video!
P is for Pirate
L IS FOR LION
Teachers must ROAR to have their voices heard to challenge the status quo and mediocrity. They must be leaders, unafraid to stand out from the crowd, to take the path less traveled, and to be innovators. Teachers are the voice of education and must be uncompromising champions of all students. Roar for all to hear!
Burgess, D. & S. Teach Like a Pirate. (2014). Dave Burgess Consulting. CA: San Diego.
- 5/2-5/6 Teacher Appreciation Week~Wear jeans all week!
- 5/2 Lunch provided by Stacee and Shannon
- 5/3 Visiting Author
- 5/3 Snack cart will come around
- 5/3 Paras one hour lunch
- 5/4 PTV provided breakfast
- 5/4 Teachers one hour lunch
- 5/5 Massage Chair from 10:00-1:00
- 5/6 PTV provided lunch
- **Breakfast will be provided one day by PTV. I will get the day as soon as I know.**
- 5/9-5/13 Closed Campus due to STAAR testing~Wear jeans in support of 3rd-5th graders!
- 5/9 3rd/4th Math and 5th Math retest
- 5/10 3rd/4th Reading and 5th Reading retest
- 5/11 5th Science retest
- 5/13 4th grade park day
- 5/13 Teacher birthdays
- 5/17 Talent Show 8:30am
- 5/18 4th Grade Field Trip
- 5/19 4th Grade Science End of Year Science CBA
- 5/20 Field Day
- 5/23 Staff Development
- 5/24 End of Year 2nd Grade Science CBA
- 5/25 3rd Grade Park Day
- 5/25 GRADES ARE DUE BY THE END OF THE DAY
- 5/26 3rd Grade Science End of Year CBA
- 5/27 No School - Weather Day
- 5/30 No School - Memorial Day
- 5/31 Kickball - 1st Grade Awards
- 6/1 Early Release
- 6/1 3rd Grade Awards-Cafeteria-9:30
- 6/2 4th Grade Awards-Cafeteria-9:30
- 6/2 Early Release
May Teacher Birthdays
Robin Vitullo May 4th
Nikki White May 8th
Stacee Johnson May 24th
Sheryl Ford May 31st
The board developed a new vision statement and then the strategic 30 last Thursday and Friday developed a new mission along with belief statements. The next step is action committees that will develop plans under specific objectives.