Internship Update :)
Hello to my wonderful support family :)!
Well...not yesterday, but you get what I mean.
Kairos weekend retreat for SWEAT youth!
Started a core group!
The four of us are dedicated to growing in our commitment to time spent with God (or, the “Blazing Inferno of the Ages,” who sets those who draw near to Him on fire for Himself and His passions), in our servant leadership, and in our identity in Christ!
Religious Expo at Santa Fe College
EASTER at Holly Heights!
[ Don't worry. We told them the REAL meaning of Easter :) ]
Summer Internship Prep
This was truly a great moment for me. Meeting people where they are in their beliefs and showing them Christ from that point is a passion of mine, and I have a passion to grow in that area (skill?) for the sake of the Gospel.
Not too long ago, I met an older gentleman at CYM coffee who follows astrology, says Jesus is his "main Man," but does not believe the Bible is an accurate source by which we can know God. He says he has been feeling very strongly the energy of the world preparing for Jesus' return, and wants to be ready.
After he answered all of my questions about his beliefs and we discussed how our beliefs differ, I challenged him to read through John as if it were completely true, and to ask God to speak with him (as he feels He does regularly). He gladly and humbly accepted the challenge, and although I doubt we'll ever see each other again, I pray that one day we'll meet in Paradise.
I also shared the Gospel with a kid named Nishko at Santa Fe College a few days ago. In Native American, his name means "son of chief." But his father was a drug dealer who was thrown into prison at some point, so he was not particularly fond of his name. I was so amazed at how his tough exterior softened tremendously throughout our conversation! As we prayed together, the Lord encouraged me to point out the true purpose of Nishko's name, which is to tell the story of his sonship to our Great Chief. He was blown away by that. Although, at that particular moment, he did not come to Jesus (and for reasons I did not feel to question at the time), I know without a doubt that there was certainly something that shifted in his heart. Please pray that the Lord will continue to reveal Himself to Nishko as time goes on, and that one day we will see him in Heaven.
- Please continue to pray for my mentees - Maya and Essence - that their behavior in school and commitment to doing their best would continually improve, and even that our time together will pave the way to a strong and genuine relationship with the Father one day!
- I was asked to lead worship for Mega Sports Kids Camp in the summer! We want to see little children connecting with the Holy Spirit! Please pray God will give me a great worship team, and that the children will respond so deeply to the love of Jesus!
- Internship ends in just a couple of months! Please pray for me and my fellow interns, that we would finish well, strong, and would receive clear guidance from the Lord as to what happens next.
- Continue praying for Grace (that she would come to the Lord), and for Shanna (that she would continue growing in her new walk with Jesus).
- That lives will be completely transformed for Jesus during the summer internship!
PLEASE let me know how I can be praying for you!!
I love you all so much and am always exceedingly grateful for your support throughout this life-changing season I'm in! None of this would be happening right now without you.
May God bless you abundantly, and meet your needs according to His riches in glory through Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19)