December 5, 2014
- KP Homework Club 2:55-4:00pm
- 8th Grade Concert 7:00 to 8:30pm --Auditorium
- Human Rights Day
- Barnes and Noble Book Fair 6:00-8:30pm Blue Black Square
- KP Homework Club 2:55-4:00pm
- Final Book Discussion on It's Complicated: The Socially Networked Lives of Teens The book study is held in the Library at 7:00pm
- The Hour of Code 3:00-4:00pm
- 7th Grade Concert 7:00 to 8:30pm --Auditorium
- Unified Theater Performance --Smile! You're On Camera--at 3:30pm--Auditorium
- Unified Theater Performance --Smile! You're On Camera--at 7:00pm--Auditorium
Wednesday, December 10, 2014 10am – 9pm Barnes & Noble, Blue Back Square
Shop all day and a percentage of your purchases will benefit King Philip! Nook sales count as well as Café items.
Remember to bring your voucher (click here) ~ or mention that you are from KP ~ at checkout.
Enjoy performances by the following Select Ensemble Groups:
- 6th Dimension performs at 6:00pm
- KP Singers perform at 6:30pm
- Beaux Strings or Quartet perform at 7:00pm
- Meet the new KP Administrators ~ 6:00–8:30pm
- Meet local authors Lynda Mullaly Hunt and KP’s own Cindy Rodriguez
- There may even be guest poets from KP
Unable to attend or want to encourage others to participate?
Visit BN.COM/bookfairs to support us online between 12/10/14 to 12/16/14.
Enter Bookfair ID# 11443314 at checkout.
The Hour of Code is Coming to KP
If the 60 second teaser below has your attention, go deeper with the videos below.
Giving to those in need!
- Teams are Adopting 9 Families through WH Human and Leisure Services
- A student is making sure children in DCF foster care have a happy holiday by selling bracelets and holding a silent auction for art pieces (thank you to our creative staff members) --Available at the 8th grade concert
If you'd like to support these efforts or give to our KP CARES fund to provide support for our needy families during this time and throughout the year please send a donation to the main office.
Unified Theater Production
We are including this handout with helpful information regarding:
- Why math is different in the Common Core
- Key shifts called for by the Common Core
- Helpful resources to support your child's success
If you have additional questions, please contact your child's math teacher.
We hope you'll join our KP Parent/Guardian Fall Book Study --2nd Session on Thursday, December 11th
You can purchase the book at all major bookstores or download it as a pdf document from her website here by scrolling down to the bottom of the page. If you do not read the book, you are still invited to join us and participate in the discussions. Your valued input is needed.
If you have any questions, please contact Joy Wright at Joy_Wright@whps.org or 860-233-8230.
eNotify-School Updates via Email/SMS
Our website includes a free subscription for parents, staff or anyone in the community who wants to stay informed with school district news! Simply click on the link below to register for the Email notices (or cell phone text messages) you wish to receive. Click to Subscribe. More detailed instructions are available here.
News from the KP PTO
Shop 4 KP
It’s not too late to order your Big Y or Stop n Shop gift cards to use when you grocery shop.Support King Philip by purchasing grocery store gift cards for your upcoming holiday shopping. Print this order form and send the completed form and payment in to school today!