October 9, 2020
FROM THE PRINCIPAL
I want to wish everyone a safe and happy long weekend. With all the change we’ve been working with, I think we all deserve some rest. It was great to go out back this week and see so many of our students participating in athletics. It made things seem somewhat normal. I’d also like folks to take note of the addendum to our Student Handbook which was passed by the School Committee this week. There are some important dates as well, like Open House and our class Meet/Greet/Connect with classes. As always if there are any questions please let me know.
Thank you to those of you who filled out our student/family survey. The information was very helpful to us as we make adjustments to our program. We will be sharing results with the community in the coming weeks, and will again ask for more feedback as well. Look for the next survey toward the end of the month.
Upcoming Parent/Guardian Events
- On Tuesday, October 13th, from 6:00pm - 7:30pm we will be hosting a virtual Open House. The purpose of this event is for parents and guardians to be able to meet each of their students' teachers and obtain an overview of each course. Parents/guardians will follow their students' schedules and join each class virtually for 10 minutes at a time. Parents will receive an e-mail from NRHS Administration on Tuesday afternoon with a link to each Zoom meeting and a schedule. Parents/guardians should obtain a copy of their students' schedules in preparation for the evening.
- On Thursday and Friday of the following week (October 22nd and October 23rd) we will be hosting an additional parent/guardian event. This will be an opportunity to have 1-1 time with teachers to ask questions about student progress. This will be a virtual event and we will be sending additional information about how to sign up for a time slot. Thursday, October 22nd will be a half-day for students, and parents will be able to meet with teachers during the afternoon. Alternatively, Friday, October 23rd will be a full day off for students and parents will be able to meet with teachers throughout the day.
Student Handbook - Remote Learning Addendum
Save the Date!
Meet, Greet, and Connect!
- Groups from each class will be able to sign up for specific times for an on-campus visit for an opportunity to connect with one another and school staff. More information will be forthcoming about these events.
Class of 2022 - Meet/Greet/Connect - 10/21
Class of 2023 - Meet/Greet/Connect - 10/28
Class of 2024 - Meet/Greet/Connect - 11/4
Guidance Message for Seniors
Good Afternoon Class of 2021!
Based on the great feedback the Guidance Office received regarding where you stand in your post-graduate plans, we are making Senior Seminars available to students and one parent/guardian. Please sign up using Pick-A-Time.
Date: October 16, 2020 (The day of Senior Sunrise)
Times: 7:30am, 9:30am, 11:30am 1:30pm (Choose one session)
Limit per Seminar: 65 Individuals - Due to Social Distancing, every individual will be seated alone
This approximately 1.5 hour Seminar will be a "Nuts and Bolts" presentation of the College Process and should answer many of the questions families have as they prepare for life beyond Nashoba. Students should bring Chromebooks to follow along.
We are sure you will understand that everyone must wear a mask and maintain social distancing while attending the seminars. No food or drink is allowed in the auditorium. If you are unable to attend a Seminar, a video presentation will be available online in the future. Details to follow.
Please let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you in person very soon!
PSAT for Juniors
Today is the last day for Juniors to sign up for the PSAT, which will be held on October 17th (Time TBD). Here is the link, which is open from September 18th - October 9th, with a late fee starting October 2nd.
Dear Senior Families,
Greetings from Nashoba Student Council, and welcome to your senior year! Although this year looks and feels entirely different than any we have experienced, know that your teachers and administrators are trying to find ways to get you to our campus to spend time together as a class. It is in this spirit that we invite you to the first annual "Senior Sunrise" on Friday, October 16th!
Details are as follows:
- Please fill out this Google Form to indicate whether you will attend. It is important to note that this event is entirely optional.
- Before heading to the event, please review the COVID-19 Symptoms Self-checker. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, please remain at home.
- Arrive at school between 6:20-6:30; sunrise is at 7:01 a.m.
- Enter the parking lot on the auditorium side. Drive behind the school, where you will pick up some snacks and treats at a few different tables along the way.
- Park in the student lot, and then proceed to the turf, where you will watch the sun rise as a class (SOCIALLY DISTANCED, of course!) and chat with teachers (who are so excited to see you, by the way!)
- Once the sun is up and shining, you will either head to the first Guidance Seminar in the auditorium, or you will head home to log onto classes for 8:30! You must either be in attendance at the guidance seminar or be logged into class!
Some REALLY IMPORTANT REMINDERS:
- MASKS MUST BE WORN at ALL TIMES, and MUST cover your NOSE and MOUTH. You will be escorted off of the field if you remove your mask.
- You MUST practice social distancing once you leave your cars to walk to the turf, and once you are ON the FIELD.
- Since this is a school-sanctioned event on school grounds, all rules around appropriate behavior apply.
- You MUST log into your classes at 8:30.
- Feel free to bring a chair and blanket - it will probably be chilly!
- Finally, please keep in mind that if we ALL follow the rules and stay safe at this event, it will make it that much easier to plan additional events as time moves on. Let's work together in order to get together!
Mrs. Bailey & Mr. Biggs
Important AP Test Information
Students taking AP courses/exams at Nashoba Regional High School must enroll/register here by 12:59 pm, October 30, 2020. There is no cost for enrolling in AP courses, but the 2021 AP Exams cost $95 per exam.
Once registration is complete, students paying by check may make checks payable to Nashoba Regional High School and mail it to: NRHS, Guidance Office, 12 Green Road, Bolton, MA 01740. Families may also pay via the NRSD.net online payment center (www.nrsd.net).
Registrations made after 12:59 PM, Friday, Oct 23, 2020 will incur a $25 late fee per exam
AP exams registrations that are not fully paid by Monday, November 9, 2020 may incur additional late fees.
Please contact Mr. Glover (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to register for an exam not listed, have questions about financial assistance, or any other questions.
A note from the Athletic Director…
We are very excited that our fall sports season has begun and it has been great to see our students competing! Due to the pandemic, things look very different this year. However, I am pleased with the way our students, coaches, and parents have adjusted to the “new normal.”
In an effort to organize the safest athletic experience possible for our student-athletes, the Mid-Wach League has developed a spectator policy for the Fall I Season. Our league will only be allowing spectators to attend HOME games only. Each student-athlete has received two spectator passes for family members to attend home events. Only spectators with a Nashoba pass/lanyard will be allowed into an event.
The facilities (track and athletic fields) are closed to the public, while high school events (practices or competitions) are being held. Also, there are no pets allowed on campus per our NRSD policy.
From the Nurses' Office
Greetings Nashoba Families and Students!
Hoping this finds you all well! Thank you again for all your continued efforts to keep our local covid numbers at lower levels than some of our surrounding communities. It takes teamwork to maintain a healthy community and your efforts make us proud!
With that being said, we ask that you continue to follow guidelines so that we can keep our community healthy. Please know that holding indoor gatherings increases your risk of contracting or transmitting covid. Carpooling without masks increases the risk. Please take precautions to minimize you and your family’s risk.
If you have been a close contact to someone who has tested positive, you will receive a phone call from the Board of Health. Please answer the call. If you are a close contact, you will be asked to quarantine at home for 14 days. Please follow the quarantine guidelines. This will greatly reduce the spread in our community.
Thank you again for all your hard work to keep our community safe and healthy as we see the numbers climb throughout the state. All your efforts are greatly appreciated.
Best Wishes, Warmest Regards,
Sarah Cosentino BSN, RN
Nashoba Regional High School
12 Green Rd, Bolton MA 01740
978-779-2257 ext 3112
nurse fax line 978-965-3968
Parents/guardians should notify the main office of any student absences as outlined in the Student Handbook by emailing us at NRHmainoffice@nrsd.net
Medical appointments, such as doctor or dentist visits, are excused ONLY once we receive the actual medical note.
You will see a change in the attendance codes for students who are being taught remotely. Instead of using "Present, Absent, or Tardy" we are using "Remote Present" (RP), "Remote Absent" (RA), and "Remote Tardy" (RT) to more accurately reflect attendance.