Team News 10.20
Daring Greatly in Faith, Academics, & Service for SMCS
Starting with YOU
So that you do not get this newsletter too late, I am starting with Team News first. I hope you all have had restful weekends. Here's a little video to get us through the next week!
If you would like to make your own jib jab video, feel free to use my account (firstname.lastname@example.org, PSWD Dragons2018).
Welcome 2nd Quarter!!!
SMCS I will Survive Monster Mash
Mission in Action Awards
Due by Tuesday, Will Present at Mass on 11/1, Mission in Action Awards.
Please email the student's name and WHY (one to two sentences that give a specific example of how/when this student has lived our Mission in Q1).
The Assembly: Required for all Full Time Teachers and Professional Staff
Saturday, Nov. 9th, 8am-3:30pm
1 Camino Santa Maria
San Antonio, TX
I will be signing you and paying for you this week. Anyone on a religion deficiency plan will get 8 hours this day alone! Remember this archdiocesan mandated and we get a comp day off for this day so if you cannot attend, you will be required to use paid time off. Let me know ASAP.
Reminders and Updates
- Report Cards went out on Friday with NWEA scores and Trunk or Treat sign ups. Please make sure to get the signed report cards back and follow up with any families that do not return by Tuesday.
- Be sure to sign up for the 5K--MONDAY is the last day!
- PTC on Tuesday. Please be there by 6PM. Need a few teacher volunteers to help with Math Night Games--let me know if you can, just need to be there by 5:30PM and all directions will be provided. Everyone else, please plan on passing out pizza and mingling with families.
- Prayer moved to 7:45AM (duty assigned members, please report directly to duty by 7:30AM)
- Lights are officially fixed in parking lot!
- Reminder---please respect when gym classes are in session and keep your kids on the edges if walking by, especially during dismissal.
Research based methods to increase reading proficiency
What's the Worst Praise You Can Give?
Missed our Team Meeting? Minutes and Notes here!
School Schedules: Duty, Classroom and Contact Information
This Week's Scheduled Interruptions/Off Campus/Subbing
Monday: Ms. Rosa Out, Mrs. Cortez in by 12PM,
Tuesday: PTC Meeting
Wednesday: Mr. Patrick Out 3PM to 6PM
Thursday: Mr. Patrick Out 3PM to 6PM
Oct 25 PK3-4/Middle School
Nov 1 Middle School * All Saints’ Day
Nov 8 4th grade
Please always confirm readers and begin practicing with them by Tuesday. Please email your assignments to Ms. Cortez and Ms. Salazar by Wednesday.
October/ November/December Duty
10.28: Laura Bazany
11.3: Mr. Victor
11.8: Ms. Lori
Gratitude from the past week
- Each of you that gave feedback to make us stronger.
- Coach Garcia for hosting and getting our parents to support homecoming game for all the sports!
- Miss Bazany for coaching Volleyball in her first year on our team!!
- Ms. Mechtel for bringing to light report card clarifications to get us even more streamlined.
- All of the unnoticed yet appreciated ways each of you helps our school remain firmly rooted.
Progress Report Quarter 2: Grades complete by Sunday, Nov. 17
Report Card Quarter 2: Grades AND Skill Sets due by Thursday, December 19 at 7PM.
Progress Report Quarter 3: Grades complete by Sunday, Feb 9th.
Report Card Quarter 3: Grades and Skill Sets due by March 17 at 7PM.
Progress Report Quarter 4: Grades complete by Sunday, April 19.
8th Grade Report Card: Grades complete by May 22.
Kinder to 7th Grade: Take grades and complete until May 29.