TVUSD COMMUNITY CONNECTION
October 20, 2023
November 17, 2023
VRMS, Library Services, MS CTE Career Explorations, & Veterans Day
🎭 CHS Advanced Drama Wins Big at Orange County Role About Theater Festival
Congratulations to CHS Advanced Drama for their successful showing at The annual Orange County Role About Theatre Festival on October 21, 2023. Over 800 students from twenty-one Southern California High Schools competed and we are excited to share that seven scenes from Chaparral went on to the finals, with six of those scenes placing within the top three of their categories! Additionally, Chaparral was one of the top placers among all the schools in attendance.
- First place: Savannah Jackson & El Terry - “Comedic Scene from a Play“
- Second Place: El Terry - “Dramatic Monologue”
- Second Place: Madeleine Green - “Musical Solo”
- Second Place: Alexa Tmekei Peterson & Liam Davis - “Film Scene”
- Second Place: Alexa Tmekei Peterson, Liam Davis, Ava Merida, & Valeria Murillo - “Improv”
- Third Place: Julia Neal & Avary Wright - “Film Scene”
💻 Teens Teaching Tech: Writer encounters a fabulous find at a favorite place 📚
Check out this article from Valley News from November 3, 2023 that spotlights our very own Kaden Han, a CHS senior and the president of the Heart of Temecula Leo Club. This club sponsors Teens Teaching Tech, a program that launched in 2016 that provides free individualized tutoring on computers, cell phones, laptops, iPads, websites, and other technical things. Several other TVUSD high school students are also highlighted in the article. Jonathan Tafoya, a GOHS junior, says, "It's a great program. We do seemingly small things that have a very big impact. I'm so proud to be a part of it."
Tim O'Leary, who submitted the article to Valley News, shares, "The teens were expert in their advice and exceedingly patient with technoidiots like me who have barely mastered email and are still struggling to graduate from flip phones to smart devices."
Interested clients are invited to register by calling 951-331-8861. Future sessions are scheduled from 4-6 pm on the following nights:
- November 21
- December 19
- January 16
- February 20
- March 19
- April 16
- May 21
📣 TVUSD Community High Five 🖐️
"Appreciation can make a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary." - Margaret Cousins
The TVUSD Community High Five Program is designed to empower and encourage the community to acknowledge and appreciate the dedicated employees of the district. This program serves as a platform for parents, students, and local residents, to recognize and celebrate the relentless commitment and hard work put forth by district employees.
Whether it's the passionate educators who shape the future of our children, the diligent administrative staff who keep the educational machinery running smoothly, or the unsung heroes who contribute to the district in various ways, the TVUSD Community High Five Program provides a means to express gratitude and support for their unwavering dedication to the educational well-being of the community. Through this program, TVUSD fosters a sense of unity and appreciation, strengthening the bond between the district and the community it serves.
Fill out this quick form and the Communications Department will create and send a digital certificate to the employee for their hard work. As an added recognition, one employee will be selected each month as a "Community High Five Spotlight" and their shout-out will be recognized in a future edition of the Community Connection.
➡️ 24/25 Intradistrict Transfer Open Enrollment Window is Now Open
The Open Enrollment Intradistrict Transfer Window for the upcoming 2024/2025 school year, including Summit Academy, opened on Monday, October 16th. Transfer requests can be completed and submitted via the District’s website (https://www.tvusd.k12.ca.us/transfers).
- Submission Deadline: The window opened on Monday, October 16, 2023, and will remain open until January 31, 2024.
- Continuing Transfers: If your child is already on an approved transfer and will continue to attend the same school during the 2024/2025 school year, there's no need to submit a new transfer request. New requests are only required if you wish to change schools.
- New Transfers: If you would like your child to attend a school other than your school of residence based on your current address, please be sure to submit a transfer request during the Open Enrollment Transfer Window.
- Transitioning to Middle and/or High School: The transition from elementary to middle school and from middle school to high school is not based on a previous/current school of attendance; it is solely based on primary residence address. If you plan on having your child attend a middle school or high school other than your school of residence, be sure to submit a transfer request prior to January 31, 2024.
- Equal Consideration: All timely submissions received during the Open Enrollment Transfer Window will be given equal consideration. Consideration will be based on space availability at the requested school and meeting the District’s transfer eligibility criteria.
For more information, please visit our District website.
📲 This Week on Social Media
Thanksgiving Food Drive
✨We are so proud of all of our sites for providing food to organizations and needy families across our city! 🌟 #tvusdelevates @tvusd.official
TVUSD students and staff 🙌 celebrated our veterans and community heroes last week. 🎖️Thank you for your service and sacrifice and for keeping our country and community safe! 🇺🇸✨ @tvusd.official
RHES BMX Assembly
The Red Hawk Heroes were treated to a 🚴 BMX Assembly today! 👉 We want to remind everyone to wear a 🪖 helmet and bike safely 🙌 around the city. @tvusd.parentcenter
🏈 High School Athletics 🏀
Subscribe to the Community Connection by clicking on the "Subscribe to TVUSD" link below. You can also catch up on past newsletters by visiting the Community Connection Newsletter Archive webpage or by clicking this link to view our newsletters in the Smore Archive Folder.