The Principal's Message
Cambridge School's Weekly Parent Newsletter
~ The Upcoming Week ~
6.9.2014 - Monday
- 5th Grade Trip
6.10.2014 - Tuesday
- Visit from the South Brunswick Public Library
6.11.2014 - Wednesday
- Spring Concert - Daytime Concert ALL
- Spring Concert - Band - 7pm
6.12.2014 - Thursday
- EARLY RELEASE DAY - School Planning
6.13.2014 - Friday
- FIELD DAY!!!
- "Principal on the Roof!" ~ I'm going to be ok! :)
~ IMPORTANT NOTES ~
FROM THE PRINCIPAL'S DESK
Thank you to all of the AWESOME Cambridge families who joined us for the Tour de South Brunswick last week! I think everyone would agree that it was a great family event! The Education Foundation could not thank us enough for our participation and support of education. They are already starting to plan for next year!
Congratulations to the students in Chorus, Strings, and Recorders!! The concert this week was absolutely beautiful! Thank you to Mrs. Garwood, Mrs. Stanek, and Mr. Brungard for their hard work and preparation!
Today, Friday, June 6th, we will celebrate with our 4th grade students as they share their knowledge in the "Our Voices, Our Times, Our America" performance. We know that they will be fantastic!
Finally, please join us tonight for the Family Picnic starting at 6:30pm!
Thank you for your support and enjoy the weekend.
Mrs. Capes :)
Click here for the 2014-2015 school calendar. --> 2014 - 2015 SCHOOL CALENDAR
FIELD DAY NOTE!!!!! - FRIDAY, JUNE 13th!
Due to the overwhelming response from the wonderful parent volunteers, we will have many visitors at the building on Field Day. For the safety and security of our students, we are limiting all visitors to those who are registered as official volunteers. Please do not walk the grounds unless you have an official "Field Day Volunteer" sticker. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation. Should you need to be at the building for any reason, you must register in the main office and we will assist you with whatever is needed.
Also, PLEASE remember to...
- Put sun block on at home before coming to school.
- Wear a hat to protect from the heat.
- Remember to wear your sneakers
- Bring a disposable water bottle and perhaps a change of clothes.
- Most important – Be prepared for a great day!
***All Field Day Volunteer e-mails have been sent. You should also receive the description of your area in your child's backpack no later than today.***
DISTRICT LETTER REGARDING EMAIL ADDRESSES
~ PTO NEWS ~
4/5 Super Science (Thursday) has officially ended
The Friday Session of Intramural Sports and Games will end today, June 6th!
All remaining clubs will have their last session next week.
Thank you for your participation!!!!
Any questions in programming should be directed to Mrs. O’Brien at Christina.OBrien@sbschools.org
SCHOOL SUPPLY BOXES - ORDER NOW!!!
School Account Number: 88934
**Please choose the grade level your student will be enrolled in during the 14-15 school year.
~ Upcoming PTO Events ~
~ NURSE NOTES ~
From Mrs. Guidice's Health Office
SUMMER SAFETY TIPS
· Put sunscreen on 30 minutes before going outdoors, it needs time to work on the skin.
· Use sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher, re-apply every 2 hours.
· Wear a hat and sunglasses.
· Don’t swim alone.
· Wear a life vest while boating.
· Supervise children at all times in and near water.
· Wear your seatbelt at all times.
· Don’t travel with anyone who has been drinking.
· Make sure your vehicle has been serviced before a long road trip.
· Wash hand thoroughly with soap and warm water before handling food.
· To guard against cross-contamination of bacteria, keep uncooked meats away from other foods.
· Refrigerate all perishable food within two hours.
· Never grill indoors.
· Always supervise a grill when in use, keeping children away from the grill.
· Use long-handled tools especially made for cooking on the grill to prevent any burns.
Enjoy the holiday weekend with friends and family.
- June 6th - 4th Grade Performance (Our Voices, Our Times, Our America)
- June 6th - PTO Family Picnic
- June 11th - Spring Concert (Band)
- June 12th - Early Release Day - School Planning
- June 13th - Field Day
- June 18th - 5th Grade Recognition Ceremony 10am (AT CROSSROADS SOUTH)
- June 24th - Last Day of School for Students