Raymore Update: 11/11/14
News For & About our Staff Family & PLC
Fall Party Fun
Students in Mrs. Lopez's classroom enjoy their fall party!
Fourth Grade Newspaper
Students in A. Lasala's fourth grade classroom are using research strategies to create an online newspaper.
Veteran's Day Program
Thank you to Mrs. Bradley, our third graders, and our third grade teachers for a wonderful Veteran's Day program and musical tribute!
Fourth Grade Newspaper
Wish You Well
Christmas Card Photo - Nov. 13 at 1:45 p.m.
PD Nov. 13 & 14
Teacher Ease Q&A for Nov. 14 PD
Updating Benchmark Grids Quarterly
We appreciate your help in making sure you play the morning announcements before Tiger Time each day. Be on the look out from time to time for special 7 Habits activities. Our fourth grade leaders are working hard to be leaders and creating announcements for our school family and we want to make sure all classes are getting the announcements. Thank you for your continued help!
Updating Rescheduled Conferences
Tiger Time Reminder
Thanksgiving Lunch- Thursday, November 20
Below is the lunch schedule for this day. Please share with parents in your weekly newsletters. :
Call for Proposals-"Whatever It Takes Conference"
Your Professional Development Committee is bringing back the concept of the "Whatever It Takes Conference". They are still looking for presenters! This will be a morning of PD delivered by your peers in RAYPEC. We will be having this event January 20, 2015, but our PDC needs your help! .Please review the link below for information, and where you can find the form to make your proposal.
Contact Karmin Ricker if you have any questions.
Articles and Information for You as the Teacher
Reminders & FYIs
- Early Release: Nov. 13
- No School/PD: Nov. 14
- Wayside Waifs -4th gr: Nov. 17-21
- SAT Meeting: Nov. 19
- Thanksgiving Dinner: Nov. 20
- Bus Driver Celebration: Nov. 21
- Cheris Visit: Nov. 24
- Thanksgiving Break: Nov. 26-28
Remember to add your lesson plans to the Google RE Shared Folder each Monday by 8:25 a.m.
- Please remember to be at specials door :35 after to deliver & :30 to pick up. Thank you!
- Fridays --jeans with Ray Pec spirit wear.
- Continue checking off students at dismissal.
- It is our district and building expectation that all staff reply to communication (email and phone calls) with within a 24 hour time frame.
- If you have any pictures of great things going on in your classroom or family, please send them to Jennika. I would love to share with others in our Weekly Staff Update.
- Call or text Michelle & Jennika if you're going to be unexpectedly absent (after 4 pm day before). 616-4210 and 550-4434
- Call or text Michelle if you will be in the building on the weekend! The lounge/workroom will be open for access to copiers.
- Remember to check the RE Shared Calendar for events! We are still adding, and things change.
Looking for previous copies of our Weekly Staff Updates? If so, these can be found on our Raymore Tigers Weebly site under "For Staff" & then click on "Raymore Update".
PLC: Our Mission, Vision, Values
- Focus on Learning
- Build a Collaborative Culture
- Focus on Results
We answer four questions:
- What do we expect our students to learn? (Goals/Expectations)
- How will we know they are learning? (Assessment)
- How will we respond when they don’t learn? (DI Intervention)
- How will we respond if they already know it? (DI Extension)
To fulfill our mission & vision:
- M: Preparing each student for a successful and meaningful life
- V: Turning today's learners into tomorrow's leaders
With these commitments:
- We are committed to consistency & accountability for each student's success.
- We are committed to a system of support for students and adults.
- We are committed to a safe, trusting and collaborative environment.
- We are committed to best practices.
- We are committed to high expectations for learning, behavior and citizenship.
- We are committed to quality communication & positive relationships with all stakeholders
- We are committed to effective communication regarding student progress.
- We are committed to data-driven decision making.
- We are committed to use of appropriate channels for communication.
- We are committed to a guaranteed (consistent) and viable (doable) curriculum.
- We are committed to maintaining fiscal responsibility while improving student achievement