Hardin County Youth Project Show
HCYPS Exhibit Hall Contest
Tuesday, Oct. 13th, 7am-4pm
350 Highway 96 South
Exhibit Hall Division Rules and Guidelines
1. All participants shall live in the boundaries of Hardin County or attend school in Hardin County.
2. All exhibitors in this division must meet all no pass/no play UIL eligibility rules and guidelines.
3. All entries must be accompanied by confirmation of eligibility from participant’s teacher and/or principal.
4. Entry forms and fees need to be postmarked by Tuesday, October 6, 2015. The address is
P.O. Box 1394
Kountze, Texas 77625
Legacy 4-H members will turn in their entry forms and fees to Mrs. Deckard by October 5th. She will mail them or take them to Hardin County.
5. Judging will take place at the Fellowship Hall (north end of church building) of First Baptist Church in Silsbee on Tuesday, October 13, 2015.
6. Do not put exhibitor’s name anywhere on any entries.
7. All entries will be checked to determine that all entries have been placed in the appropriate classes by the committee members. The HCYPS Committee reserves the right to combine and/or separate classes, at it’s discretion, based on number of entries. All decisions made by the committee are final.
8. All entries may only be picked up during check-out times. PROJECTS BROUGHT IN BY SCHOOL PERSONNEL SHOULD BE PICKED UP BY SCHOOL PERSONNEL, NOT INDIVIDUAL EXHIBITOR. All entries need to be picked up by 4:00 p.m. Tuesday, October 13, 2015 especially Art, Photography and FCS. Food entries not picked up will be discarded. HCYPS is not responsible for anything that is breakable but is not picked up (picture frames, art frames).
9. All entries must be “show ready” at the time of the show. “Show ready” means: Clothing free of rips and tears, in good condition, well pressed and completely finished; Art and photographs mounted or framed, ready for hanging and suitable for display; food must be brought in completely covered with plastic wrap and a disposable plate. Complete recipe must be attached to the food item. If the recipe is not included, points will be deducted from the entry.
10. There will be a $5.00 entry fee per entry in all exhibit hall divisions.
11. Check in for all divisions will be 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. Monday, October 12, 2015 or 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Tuesday, October 13, 2015 at the Fellowship Hall at First Baptist Church in Silsbee. All entries must be brought to the judging site during the check-in time. DO NOT BE LATE!!!!!
FBC Silsbee is located at 350 HWY 96 South, Silsbee, Texas. Members will need to bring their own projects to the Fellowship Hall (on time) to submit them.
12. No parents or grandparents will be allowed in the judging area during time of judging. Only judges and committee workers will be allowed to stay in the room.
13. An exhibitor can only enter one entry per class in each division and no one can enter more than 4 entries per division (Foods, Home Economics, Art, and Photography).
14. Awards will be placed on the entries when picked up by the exhibitors.
Schedule October 13, 2015
- 7:00 a.m. meet at First Baptist Church in Silsbee, Tx. for check-in of projects
- 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. pick up projects, find out results. If you can not pick up your own project, contact Mrs. Deckard to retrieve it.