Between the Lines
A Newsletter for CHS Tennis Booster Club Members--03.04.19
Just a reminder about our very IMPORTANT Tennis Banquet planning meeting TONIGHT, Monday, March 4, 2019, at 7 PM in the CHS Tennis Center. Please make plans to be present.
Spring Flower Sales Info was distributed this week!! Ask your players about it. This is our biggest fundraiser of the year, so please contribute and volunteer.
Share Site Available to Tennis Boosters!!!
We have created a FREE share site with Shutterfly. Now everyone can post, share, access, and download the great moments of the year all in one place for free. You should have received an invitation to join the site. Click the "Add pictures" link to start adding. Please contact Monica Cole (firstname.lastname@example.org 972-978-7123) if you have any questions or need a new invite.
The UPDATED 2019 Spring Schedule is AVAILABLE NOW--See PDF at the bottom of the Newsletter!
The January Booster Meeting Notes are AVAILABLE NOW--See PDF at the bottom of the Newsletter!
Topspin with Coach Foster
- JV hosts a tournament in Coppell on Wednesday.
- Varsity plays a tournament in Hurst on Friday.
- Spring Flower Sales Info was distributed this week!! Ask your players about it. This is our biggest fundraiser of the year, so please contribute and volunteer.
Coppell Varsity Tennis had a great showing at the Coppell Spring Breakout last week!!
- Kunal won 1st in Boys' A Singles
- Clark won 4th in Boys' A Singles
- Cason won 2nd in Boys' B Singles
- Justin & Andreja won 1st in Boys' A Doubles
- Kosta & Abhiram won 1st in Boys' B Doubles
- Riya won 4th in Girls' B Singles
- Suzuka & Ruchika won 2nd in the Girls' A Doubles
- Sydney & Smrithi won Consolation Champs in Girls' B Doubles
- Rifhat & Vinay won 1st in Mixed A Doubles
- Coppell won 1st as a team!!!
Coppell JV Tennis also had some great matches last week in Keller!
- Rahul M won 1st in Boys' Singles
- Sid P & Matt D won 3rd in Boys' Doubles
Congrats to all!!
Boosters are looking for YOUR HELP. We have 131 players; please help us support them and help make this tennis program the best that it can be. GET INVOLVED!!
The Boosters NEED HELP FROM A FRESHMAN or SOPHOMORE PARENT for the following positions:
- Banquet (shadow position with a Varsity parent)
- Banquet Silent Auction (shadow position with a Varsity parent)
Please contact Kelley Parlier if you are interested or have questions. email@example.com
Also, if you have tennis PICTURES TO SHARE, please upload them to the share site or contact Monica Cole firstname.lastname@example.org 972-978-7123. We would love to showcase as many players as possible in our newsletters.
Do you know someone on the tennis team who has recently accomplished something we might all want to know about? Maybe they made it to the quarterfinals in a USTA tournament, maybe they just champed up, maybe they got a perfect score on their SAT, maybe they have been selected to the All-State Choir. Whatever the success, let's share it. Remember that we are a team--a win for one is a win for all! Email your info to Monica Cole email@example.com to have it included in the Aces section of our next newsletter.
Down the Line (Save the Date)
TONIGHT, Monday, March 4, 2019, @7 Tennis Banquet Meeting in the CHS Tennis Center
Wednesday, March 6, 2019, JV Winter Warm Up Tournament in Coppell
Thursday, March 7, 2019, Varsity Tournament in Hurst
March 11-15, 2019, Spring Break
Friday, May 3, 2019, @6-9:30pm Tennis Banquet @ the Courtyard Marriott in Grapevine--HELP NEEDED
President: Rhonda Nelson firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President: Kelley Parlier email@example.com
Vice President: Martha Rivas firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Coordinator: Mark Abbey email@example.com
Volunteer Coordinator: Analyn Abbey firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Keiko Nishino email@example.com
Newsletter: Monica Cole firstname.lastname@example.org